Waist sizes

Options

Replies

• carolmcgov
    carolmcgov Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    im 5"5 and smallest iv been is 28inch. Im a lose 30 inch now but had 2 babies 18months apart so its hard to get lower. Im doing my best though! Id love to get to 27inches

Ive had two babies 22months apart. You can def do it. Babies don't increase your rib size.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    Measured my waist yesterday, and it was 25.5 inches- 1.5 inches smaller than the last time I measured it!

What's your waist size/ goal waist size? :)

Editing to add height- 5'8.5 :)

Help, that's tiny! I'm 5'8" and have 30" waist. I'm 150lbs. What weight are you? I'm aiming for 145 lbs and can't imagine being much smaller. I'd be happy with a 28" waist.
  • wagsie
    wagsie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This post prompted me to update my measurements, when I started MFP and exercising My waist was 34 inches and the last time I checked it I had lost 5 inches so was down to 29, on checking today I have lost another inch :) so now 28 inches, I'm really pleased with that but would like to get a little smaller, not really got a goal tho.

I'm only 4ft 11 1/2 inches but now look in the mirror and like what I see and that's the main thing for me, I've lost 31 lbs so far and looking to lose maybe another 7lbs if I can. I have an underactive thyroid which makes it hard losing weight and I am 50 this year so I think I have done ok so far and feel so much better for it :)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Measured my waist yesterday, and it was 25.5 inches- 1.5 inches smaller than the last time I measured it!

I am 5'5" tall, and depending on the time of day, my waist measures somewhere between 27 and 28 inches.

I don't really have a goal waist size, but I do have a goal body fat measurement. I currently have 22% body fat, and my goal is 16%. I am not sure how big or small my waist will be at that point, but as long as I can see ab definition and no flab, I'll be happy with it. I am guessing that it will happen around 25 inches, but I really don't know. My waist seems to be thicker than the other parts of me (my bust is 35 inches and my hips are 37 inches, so technically my waist is proportionally larger than the res tof me) so I might not ever get a really small waistline. But I don't know.

I do expect to lose at least 1-2 more inches before mid-summer when I go to the beach. I was 23.3% body fat a month ago, so I think that's doable.
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    genuinly shocked..

my partner has a 26 inch waist and perfectly flat stomach hour glass shape and would be a bag of bones if she dropped to a 24 so why are any of you on a diet forum trying for smaller waists ????
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I was 39 inches at my biggest, now down to 35. Would love to get to 24.
  • carolmcgov
    Options
    genuinly shocked..

my partner has a 26 inch waist and perfectly flat stomach hour glass shape and would be a bag of bones if she dropped to a 24 so why are any of you on a diet forum trying for smaller waists ????

What height is she? People have different bone structures. When I was a stone heavier my waist was 25.
    Its not one size fits all. You need to take in to account frame size and height.
  • Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Options

Help, that's tiny! I'm 5'8" and have 30" waist. I'm 150lbs. What weight are you? I'm aiming for 145 lbs and can't imagine being much smaller. I'd be happy with a 28" waist.

I'm 131 lbs, currently.
    I have one of those figures that go in lots at the waist.
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options

Yeah - that's what I thought - wow that's tiny! I've got a 27" waist and I'm 5'8" too! My hips are 38" though so I'm a proper pear! I weigh 140lb I don't know what I want to be but I'd like my hips smaller without losing booty!
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    genuinly shocked..

What height is she? People have different bone structures. When I was a stone heavier my waist was 25.
    Its not one size fits all. You need to take in to account frame size and height.

she is 5ft 2 , 39 years old and she says she s a medium frame (117 lbs) and more than replaced the barbie doll i used to go out with !!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I am at my goal weight of 128 pounds and have a 27 inch waist... I am 5'8" . To be honest, I just wanted to end up with decent proportions -- as I get more fit thru walking/yoga/barre3, I find my core gets "tighter"... which means my jeans fit through the hips and legs, and get looser in the waist., which is fine with me because I don't like wearing clothes with very tight waists.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I'm currently a 28 down from 38. :)

Aiming for 25.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    it's now 25.. it was 26.5 :3 I don't have a goal on it, I'm perfectly fine with it already.
    just hoping the measurements below my waist go down :P
  • carolmcgov
    Options
    genuinly shocked..

Well I have a small frame. I also have a hourglass figure. 33-23-34.
    Im just saying that just beacuse it wouldn't suit your partner doesn't mean it doesn't suit anyone.
    At my heaviest my waist size was never 26.

she is 5ft 2 , 39 years old and she says she s a medium frame (117 lbs) and more than replaced the barbie doll i used to go out with !!
  • carolmcgov
    Options
    Messed up the quotations on the previous post. But I would have actually had a bigger waist during one of my two pregnancys.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Before I gained weight my waist was 24/25 inches

My waist now is 26 inches. In the mornings it's 25.5. I think the highest my waist was 29 inches.

I'd like to get my waist to back down to 24/25 inches.
  • AnDiallo
    AnDiallo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Currently 28'' and i want to get down to 25''
    My hips are about 40'' mostly due to my butt

Hopefully it will all go down as i lose these remaining 20 or so pounds
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    im 5"5 and smallest iv been is 28inch. Im a lose 30 inch now but had 2 babies 18months apart so its hard to get lower. Im doing my best though! Id love to get to 27inches

Ive had two babies 22months apart. You can def do it. Babies don't increase your rib size.

yes having babies can increase your rib size.
  • carolmcgov
    Options

yes having babies can increase your rib size.

I'm saying having babies doesn't have to stop you reaching your goals. Yes maybe if you have a big frame and large rib cage you won't be able to get a certain waist size. I have two children under 5 and a 23 inch waist. For me pregnancy did not factor in to the size of my waist and yes I know everybody is different.
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    genuinly shocked..

Because your waist size isn't a definite indicator of how thin someone is. You can have like a 26 inch waist and just be flat as a board with no curves. On the other hand, you could be a very curvy woman (and have a 23-inch waist) but be pretty hefty in other areas, I suppose.

For example, everyone knows Nicole Richie was a bag of bones, but her waist was a 25. It's because she has a pretty flat body type.