Loose skin after weight loss question! Helpp!

Options
2»

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I've been dry brushing as a preventative measure, especially since I'm older and my skin isn't as elastic. I don't know if it'll work (so far so good, but I've only lost 20 lbs) but it sure feels nice and my skin's very soft and smooth now, so there are benefits even if it doesn't help with the loose skin.

does that feel as good as it sounds? i've been tempted to try it but usually just go for scrubs/exfoliations
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look absolutely amazing. Seriously! Such an inspiration, thank you for posting!
    This is 100lbs down at 34. I don't think you have much to worry about. Don't stress just do it. It will look like loose skin is everywhere for a while but it corrects itself eventually.

double_zpse23e3219.jpg

Oh yeah, she's amazing, seen her pic's before. And her pic's always remind me when i'm out and i see a "lucky b!tch" or "skinny b!tch" that I should not take anything away from anyone because for all i know they worked this hard and took themselves from this to this, and that deserves respect, not envy or jealousy.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new here and I am also new to actually pushing myself to go to the gym and eating healthy! I have asked a few people this question that I am concerned about but have got a few different answers. I"m hoping someone on here can clarify this for me--may even sound like a stupid question, but here it goes!

I would like to lose about 100 lbs. However, I'm worried that I will have loose skin afterwards. I'm 22, so I have been told that since I am young and losing weight the correct way, this will not happen to me. Any advice or answers?

Thanks in advance!
    Victoria

If you lose it slowly you won't have any. Too fast and you might have some but it will adjust over-time, also has a lot to do with how evenly fat is distributed across your bod.
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water
    Avoid over exposure to the sun
    Exfoliate often
    Moisturize
    Be patient

I have a little bit under my belly button where I saw a couple marks, and it isn't as tight, but look through my pics and see what losing 100 can look like if you follow those rules. And I'm 37, and I lost it all in about 9 months.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Part of it is genetics. Do strength training throughout your weight loss and lose the weight gradually - this is your best chance to minimize loose skin. Taking supplements or using oils that promote healthy skin wouldn't be a bad thing, either.
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 - lost nearly 60 pounds in the last three years. I wouldn't say my skin is noticeably loose but I can feel on my stomach that it's not as tight as it should be. The biggest problem I've had unfortunately is my boobs but I've noticed that over the last couple of months when I've been moisturising every day there's been improvement. I'm hoping it works the same way for my stomach!

Moisturise everyday, do weights as well as cardio and don't lose it too quickly - otherwise it's down to genetics I think.
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    bump for later