Long cardio sesions and Plantar fasciitis

Options
Carnivor0us
Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
My plantar fasciitis has improved even with a mere 10 pound weight loss, but even still after long (45 minutes +) cardio sessions I have flair ups! Does anyone do taping to help with this? Does anyone with this problem find that it eventually completely goes away? :(

Replies

• Terry903
    Terry903 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The only thing I have been told to do about plantar f. is to run a tennis ball under your foot, like when you are sitting to massage adn relax your foot. I will ask around. Check your shoes too are your shoes good or is the support breaking down?
  • Carnivor0us
    Options
    The shoes were purchased a few months ago but I've been really rough on them, so I think the support is giving out. Maybe I need inserts.
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    my hubs has this condition; you may know how to treat the flairs...ibuprofen, freeze a 16 oz plastic bottle with water in it...roll on your foot 2-3 times a day for inflammation, hubs wears a boot at night, stretching before, during, and afterexercise...and before bed are important...and when you get up...(hubs limps in the morning)

now all this to say...

have heard of folks not having the issue after losing alot of weight....
    but it takes time...

Most folks I know with it...manage it...
  • Carnivor0us
    Options
    my hubs has this condition; you may know how to treat the flairs...ibuprofen, freeze a 16 oz plastic bottle with water in it...roll on your foot 2-3 times a day for inflammation, hubs wears a boot at night, stretching before, during, and after...and before bed are important...

now all this to say...

have heard of folks not having the issue after losing alot of weight....
    but it takes time...

Most folks I know with it...manage it...

Thanks for the advice. When I wake up, it hurts to walk for a while. After my sales job on the weekends (I'm on my feet all the time) my feet are so painful I can barely make it out to the car to get home.... :( Here's hoping the stretching and stuff will help.
  • peggysue218
    peggysue218 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I heard a doctor give a patient advice on this once. He said to get a frozen juice can thing (the longer cylindrical ones with concentrated orange juice or grapefruit juice if you know what I'm trying to say) and to roll it under the soles of your feet a few times a day. He also said that before getting out of bed in the morning to flex and extend the feet at the ankles for a minute to sort of warm things up down there. Supposedly this helped because when the patient returned she didn't have problems anymore. It's worth a shot, right?

Also - do you know how people stretch their calves by hanging off of a step? That does wonders for plantar fasciitis.
  • Carnivor0us
    Options
    I heard a doctor give a patient advice on this once. He said to get a frozen juice can thing (the longer cylindrical ones with concentrated orange juice or grapefruit juice if you know what I'm trying to say) and to roll it under the soles of your feet a few times a day. He also said that before getting out of bed in the morning to flex and extend the feet at the ankles for a minute to sort of warm things up down there. Supposedly this helped because when the patient returned she didn't have problems anymore. It's worth a shot, right?

Also - do you know how people stretch their calves by hanging off of a step? That does wonders for plantar fasciitis.

I'll try the flexing thing for sure. As for the step thing, do I let my heel protrude off the side?