Burning Calories During Sex?

Options
Let's be honest, plenty of people use having sex as an excuse to skip going to the gym or endulge on a slightly larger slice of cake. Or is that just me?

Well, sex with my husband is a large part of my life - and partially why I want to get into better shape - so here is my issue...

Should I, and if so HOW, count them in my exercise log against my calories?

Looking online it is damn near impossible to find even an AVERAGE on how many calories are burned during sex (Yes, I know weight, position, length of time and so on are factors) But there isn't a single consistent (and reliable) source out there.

Is there?

Replies

• xshannonxmariex
    Options
    It's so funny I was just talking to the guy I'm seeing about this last night.. I also looked online and basically had to round my cal burned number because there is no exact number (at least not that I could find). And even though I do log that rounded value (which is lower than what I know it should be) I ALWAYS still go to the gym. Sex is just extra, it does not in anyway replace my normal workout. I kinda just took the info I was given.. applied it to myself.. and rounded.. this site helps me round out calories burned for things I wouldn't usually know http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc sex/foreplay is listed and gives a good ballpark range.
  • amdarosa619
    amdarosa619 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Ha! I've been dying to get some feedback on this topic, but I was too bashful to post it!

Although I am curious to know how much we burn, I agree with poster Shannon Marie. I kinda consider that the leverage of calories I may have previously underestimated with food, or overestimated with exercise. At the end of the day, I would have rather understated my calories burned, making for a more pleasantly durpriseing weigh in. :-)
  • sparrow0716
    Options
    Try this as a basic guide!

http://www.womansday.com/sex-relationships/sex-tips/8-sexy-ways-to-burn-calories-110923

I never replace a workout with sex though, it's always just an added bonus.
  • foyain
    foyain Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I also want to know, not that i use it as an excuse not to go workout, but after a great "workout" with my husband i get hungry and i would like to know if i could have a slice or two of pizza some ice cream or whatever i am craving for without going over or not much over my daily calories. Maybe next time i wil wear my heart monitor.