can someone help me understand my

Options
2»

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Good news is you're 19, so you're basically an anabolic steroid on legs. Get your *kitten* under a barbell 3 - 4 times a week and cut back a little on the food and you'll be good to go.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    your BMI is in the obese range. thats enough to tell you that its bad news.

So is mine.

sorry to hear that.

i'm not.

good to see you already have a medal, so I don't need to offer you one.

Was that really necessary? All he was saying was that BMI is not the best way to determine overall health of a specific person because it does not take into consideration body type. He just didn't say it with all of those words, he just indicated that he is not concerned.

you know what I never thought of it that way. wow. you have shown me a whole new world of delicate nuance.

its not what they say, its what they didn't say! brilliant. 5 stars.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i'm kinda glad my BMI isn't that low. i just don't think that i could pull off skinny jeans. and now that it's summer, i'd be way too warm to wear a scarf and wool knit hat. and the nerd glasses without lenses would interfere with my actual glasses.

and i actually like mainstream music. yeah, i admit it. i like ke$ha.
  • nikilis
    Options
    i'm kinda glad my BMI isn't that low. i just don't think that i could pull off skinny jeans. and now that it's summer, i'd be way too warm to wear a scarf and wool knit hat. and the nerd glasses without lenses would interfere with my actual glasses.

you don't need to feel threatened man. I guess some times things can bring up underlying issues. perhaps you can talk to someone about it. good to see you creeping deep up inside my profile tho. keep it up!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

you don't need to feel threatened man. I guess some times things can bring up underlying issues. perhaps you can talk to someone about it. good to see you creeping deep up inside my profile tho. keep it up!

obsessed_01.gif
  • nikilis
    Options

obsessed_01.gif

tumblr_inline_mmecu4QVdh1qz4rgp.gif
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

obsessed_01.gif

tumblr_inline_mmecu4QVdh1qz4rgp.gif

Deal. This does seem kinda silly.
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    my resting heart rate is 64

my blood pressure is 137/66

Your vital signs fluctuate throughout the day, so a single measurement of these things doesn't tell you much. You and your GP can get a better picture by taking many measurements and averaging them over time. Your heart rate of 64 is within normal limits. You should definitely keep an eye on your blood pressure. One higher-than-normal reading might be a fluke, but a steady pattern of high readings suggests you need diet/lifestyle changes and possibly medication.

There are a lot of other risk factors to consider, such as your cholesterol numbers, your family history, and presence of other diseases such as diabetes or kidney problems. It's all about gathering many little details to form one big picture. I don't know how often you see your GP or how comfortable you are with him/her, but if you need more information you could consult other professionals such as a pharmacist, a registered nurse, or a dietician.

Hope these replies are helpful, and all the best with your new gym!
  • SeanWestLondon
    Options
    thanks to everyone that replied

yeah the woman who took did it the results redid it a few times I think like 3