Insanity at 230lbs Crazy?!

Options
Hey ya'll

I have Insanity ready to go tomorrow starting with the fit test and have been taking a sneak peak at the vids and although I still want to give it a go wondering if I am crazy to jump straight in as I am nowhere near as fit as the peeps on it.

I was doing Turbofire for about a year and got to a good level of fitness but after a few months away from workouts i've regained a lot of weight and my fitness levels has dropped alot so much so the workouts I excelled in TF had me panting for dear life within a few minutes.

So i'm hoping to hear from anyone who began this program around the weight I am now and was successful, how was it, did you complete it and did you find it easy to modify certain areas of it?

Thanks

Replies

• allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I did it, and I was heavier than that!!!! I did like you and completed 30 DS before. Just do what you can, don't try to keep up with them because you'll compromise form! I loved the program, and will probably do it again. Good luck! To answer about modifying, many moves cannot be modified, but I did have to when my knees would be very sore (it is a knee intensive program), so I would do squats instead of jumps. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that does reassure meand I am looking forward to starting the program even more now. I will most certainly modify the jumps by landing as softly as possible to protect my knees.
  • freefalling83
    freefalling83 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 225 and about to start week 3. I was not in shape or doing any kind of regular exercise before insanity but I do what I can and I can already feel the difference in my endurance. I love it, just listen to shawn t about oushing yourself, but also to take a break if you need to.
  • mookiemoo
    mookiemoo Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I weigh 200lb+ and was put off by insanity but I'll guess I'll go for it too - I also thought I was too heavy.
  • WavyyCakes95
    Options
    Im 211 and im starting tomorrow. You will do great if u give it your all :)