I feel really fed up today.

Options
I'm on a 1200 calorie diet at the moment. I find it easy to stick to on the days that I go to school because my day has a lot of structure and my timings of what I eat is good, but on weekends it's just so hard to stick to.

I have to eat whatever dinner I get given, and that usually adds up to 800-900 calories which means I have to go through the whole day on 300-400 calories max in order to meet my calorie goal. I just get so hungry though. I just wish I could just eat whatever the hell I want. The way I have to distribute my calories throughout the day is SO frustrating. :mad:

Replies

• waynedholland
    Options
    I understand exactly what you mean. Weekends are the hardest part for me. For years on Sunday I have had a pancake lunch with my father. I refuse to give it up, but its a 900 calorie meal, and that is with changing the syrup and butter used. I try not to let it bother me too much and tell myself if i don't do perfect for the rest of the day that its my cheat time, but it is still frustrating.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Why would you have to eat whatever you are given? Couldn't you eat half of your dinner and save the rest for lunch the following day? You could also increase your calories to 1500/day on weekends and still have plenty of deficit.
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    1200 is low, hoe did you decide to do so?.
    Don't try to loose to fast, guess it takes you years to collect.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    1200 is low, hoe did you decide to do so?.
    Don't try to loose to fast, guess it takes you years to collect.

1200 is the amount I get when I do my TDEE - 500 calories. I want to lose a pound a week. I don't have that much to lose. I've lost about 7lb already and have another 7 to go.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Why would you have to eat whatever you are given? Couldn't you eat half of your dinner and save the rest for lunch the following day? You could also increase your calories to 1500/day on weekends and still have plenty of deficit.

Because I just have to. But yeah, I'm thinking about just bumping my calories up to 1400/1500 on weekends to get me through them. If it means it takes another week to reach my goal then so be it I guess.
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Could you squeeze in a weekend workout to compensate?