What motivates you to work out? :)

Options
For me it's thinking how freakin' amazing I'm (hopefully) going to look when I reach my GW, seeing everybody else's results and success stories (huge well done to all of you!), and new work out clothes always helps too for some reason, I can never wait to put them to use!

What do you find motivates you? :)

Replies

• Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I don't need to be motivated to work out, I enjoy it. Bet I'm not the only person on MFP that feels like this :smile:
  • LoveAlwaysAlisa
    LoveAlwaysAlisa Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    The results and the seeing the improvements in my stamina and strength motivate me. I love to challenge myself a surpass my small goals to get to the big ones...I was so proud of myself when I was able to progress from push ups on my knees to traditional military style push ups...small things like that keep me motivated. :)....plus I keep a cute dress that is in my goal size hanging on the door in my room to remind me every morning of my goal. :)
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I won't lie, the best motivator to work out most day is the extra calorie I get to eat.

But I also love that working out sometimes has a stretching effect and I get rid of the stiff feeling. And I also love the andrenaline rush after a good workout.

I won't say I love to work out... but the side effects definetly motivate me.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    My motivation on a non-personal trainer day is that I need to progress physically so I can do better overall. If I don't do them, I won't get endurance and stamina. That's the mental chant I give myself. :D Extra encouragement is that I physically feel better after working out, I'm limber (well, more than I was before), I don't feel the aches and creeks in my joints (33 going on 90 if feels sometimes...), though it's taken the body a bit to get back into exercising seriously, that first week of serious exercise was killer. :D
  • joyjay4fun
    joyjay4fun Posts: 160
    Options
    I don't need to be motivated to work out, I enjoy it. Bet I'm not the only person on MFP that feels like this :smile:

I didn't previously but can honestly say now I look forward to it. It is so much fun to do something you enjoy that will actually help you in the long run.

My 1st motivation...being sexy naked and job security. The military doesn't play around with weight.
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    I agree with the not having to be motivated to work out, i just enjoy doing it so i do it.
    I also wanna be wonderful looking in a bikini. But working out i just know i should do it in general, and just love it.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Seeing the results, feeling stronger, and my strong desire to make it a routine part of my day. I don't love working out yet. I hope that eventually I will.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Being able to eat more food. Having better stamina.
  • Rhonda21km
    Rhonda21km Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The feeling of accomplishment I know I'll feel when I'm done. Also, music helps a lot!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    The fact that my race times live on the Internet...forever.
  • MsStang02
    MsStang02 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    The thought of the feeling I had when I completed my last workout. I always try to come up with the best excuses to myself when I drive to the gym about how I have more important things to do. But then I get to the gym, start my walk & run, lose myself in it and jam out to great music and let all my worries go away, and then BAM, I am done. And I feel great! Hmmm..maybe I'll go to the gym today (Its one of my off days). cause just the thought of it makes me want to go :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I get to find out what happens in the next episode of Supernatural. I only let myself watch it when I am biking. ;)
  • scrapsthefish
    Options
    In the first place, I just like to exercise. It's one of my favorite things to do, though I prefer non-traditional kinds of exercise like swing dance and martial arts. I like to take long walks or runs (on the right day), and swimming is pretty much my favorite thing ever.

That said, even I have days when I don't want to work out. I have a thyroid condition that sometimes makes me so tired that I don't want to move, and sometimes I get discouraged at my lack of physical progress. Everybody has those days.

What helps me out then? Peer pressure. It's the best thing ever.

As I said before, I do social dances and martial arts - I do both as part of a club of sorts. If I miss more than a day or two, people are calling me to ask if I'm okay, if I'm sick, and when I'm coming back. If I randomly run into people from the club, we inevitably part with, "see you Tuesday," or, "you're coming this week, right?"

Being part of a social exercise group is also great because it motivates you to work out on the off-days. You don't want to be huffing and puffing in front of your friends (or at least, you don't want to be huffing and puffing more than they are), so you take that run or you do those crunches. Seriously, if anyone out there is struggling to exercise, I recommend joining a class or a club that has a great atmosphere and people who care about you. It'll make a world of difference!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

You're not alone. I like working out too. I love putting on my music and exercising. I like the high afterwards. I like the DOMS. A lot of times I work out with my husband so I don't need a lot of motivation to workout with my favorite person.
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Tonight's motivation to make sure I work out? The fact that when I do I will have completed Level 2 of Jillian's 30 day shred! What I need motivation on is getting the key for the work out room on my street (It's a one time $20 fee for the key), so that on days like today (it's pouring rain right now) I can go down there and go on the treadmill and get some walking in.
  • bristarn90
    bristarn90 Posts: 13
    Options
    To finally feel confident about my body. Since I gained a lot of weight recently I feel very self-conscious. I just want to get to a weight where I can be proud of myself and feel happy about the way I look.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I too am motivated by how I hope to look when my body is reshaped.
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Energy and more FOOD :)
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    1. Endorphins
    2. Being able to eat more
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    My tennis motivates me. The stronger and fitter I get, the better I am at tennis.

I also like the extra food, and I obviously want to look good and feel good about myself.