Looking for some partners!

Options
Hi! My name is Lindsay and I'm 25 years old and I'm 5'5''. I have an exact BMI of 23.
Normal weight BMI = 18.5 - 24.9

My freshman year of college, I weighed about 160 lbs. (which isn't horrible, but I knew I needed to lose some extra fluff). I had horrible eating habits and never exercised. Throughout college, I picked up running, and became more aware of what I was consuming. Over time, that brought me down to about 145 lbs. I stuck with the 140-145 fluctuation for a couple years, then I picked up running around 2009. I ran my first half marathon Fall 2009, and the training for that brought me down to about 135 lbs. (this is the lowest I've ever been). I loved the way I felt about myself. I have stuck with the running ever since, however, my eating habits have slid into the gutter once again, and it's causing my weight to slowly climb. Easter this year, I was 143 lbs. and I knew I needed to change something (considering Easter the year before, I was around 135 lbs.). I started using my fitness pal on and off quite a few months ago, but now it's time to get serious. My absolute goal dream weight of perfection is 125 lbs. [just so I have some room to fluctuate when I NEED to down a whole basket of French Fries and a beer at the pub every once in awhile :)]. This would put me at a BMI of 20.8 (slightly more towards the middle of normal, rather than my current high 23). My current weight is 138.4 and I really want to get this down as soon as possible (in a health conscious way)!

I've found myself browsing before and after pictures all over the web, and that is SO encouraging for me. It reminds me that anyone is capable of reaching their goal, whether it is 5 lbs. or 200 lbs. I believe that all goals are equally important, and when a goal is conquered, a magnificent feat has been accomplished!

It is easier for me to stay encouraged if I know somebody is doing this along with me. If anyone out there wants to join me in a journey towards a goal, let's do it! I need an encouragement partner!

Replies

• yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I'm BMI 23.4~23.8 currently and my goal weight would put me at 19.9, but I'm flexible to changing it depending on how I actually look as I get closer and closer to my goal weight.

I'm definitely up for doing it with you. I also need the room to fluctuate for drinking, going out, enjoying my social life, eating delicious foods… etc. And I'm trying to start exercising seriously as well.