sharing my newly found FAT FREE choc cookies!

Options
filoula
filoula Posts: 17 Member
on a whim i did a google of something or other and came up with this! brill cookies - easy and tasty and FAT FREE!

here's the recipe (i converted the cups to grams for ya'll)

INGREDIENTS:
non-stick cooking spray
1 1/2 cups flour (190g)
1/2 cup sugar (110g)
1/2 cup cocoa (60g)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup corn syrup (or golden syrup) (170g)
3 egg whites

METHOD:
1. Preheat oven to 350 (fahrenheit) or 180 (celcius) and spray cookie sheet with cooking spray
2. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
3. Stir in the syrup and egg whites, the mixture will be thick, sticky and chocolatey!
4. Drop rounded teaspoons of mixture onto baking sheet.
5. Bake for 7-9 minutes (until just set). Cookies will be soft when pressed.
6. Cool on a cooling rack.

Will make 30 cookies.

I changed the quantities to get 20 cookies:
1 cup flour (125g)
1/3 cup sugar (75g)
1/3 cup cocoa (40g)
1/3 tsp baking soda
1/3 tsp salt
1/3 cup golden syrup (110g)
2 egg whites

ENJOY! I love these!

Replies

• kawickham85
    kawickham85 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    a bag of sugar is fat free too but it isn't going to do anything for your waistline
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    And a bottle of oil is Sugar free...
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    not fat free and where s the calories?????????????
  • keelerangela
    keelerangela Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    just b/c its "fat free" doesn't mean there aren't calories.. I never get why people don't understand that.
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    The OP never said it was a magic cookie .... sugar free....fat free... gluten free....calorie free.... If you don't want to eat a cookie GREAT! Don't make them and don't eat them. There are a lot of recipes, recommendations, and advise that I don't agree with or would never choose to consume. We are all free to make the decisions we CHOOSE. Whether a reader chooses to bypass a post that they disagree with or do not have an interest in or chooses to insult and/or criticize the OP who wants to share something that someone other than yourself is interested in, is a reflection on the character, values, intellect, and compassion of MFP members. I'm sure I will get trashed for my opinion by some people and others may offer a word of support. Whether you agree or disagree with me will have absolutely no impact on my life what so ever. Rather it will just be a refelction of the person who writes the comments. I hope the OP is a stong enough and wise enough person not to be intimidated by people who's reflection I am proud I will never see when I look in the mirror.
  • kerryradz
    kerryradz Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Chalaney
    Chalaney Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The OP never said it was a magic cookie .... sugar free....fat free... gluten free....calorie free.... If you don't want to eat a cookie GREAT! Don't make them and don't eat them. There are a lot of recipes, recommendations, and advise that I don't agree with or would never choose to consume. We are all free to make the decisions we CHOOSE. Whether a reader chooses to bypass a post that they disagree with or do not have an interest in or chooses to insult and/or criticize the OP who wants to share something that someone other than yourself is interested in, is a reflection on the character, values, intellect, and compassion of MFP members. I'm sure I will get trashed for my opinion by some people and others may offer a word of support. Whether you agree or disagree with me will have absolutely no impact on my life what so ever. Rather it will just be a refelction of the person who writes the comments. I hope the OP is a stong enough and wise enough person not to be intimidated by people who's reflection I am proud I will never see when I look in the mirror.

Ckish,
    I totally agree with everything you said. When someone finds a recipe ( or what ever) and liked it, thinking OTHERS may enjoy it as well, they share it. Why people would attack & criticize is beyond me. If the OP doesn’t please you and you have nothing “nice” to say……don’t say anything.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    LOL jeesh try to share something nice....

They sound good almost like a meringue with flour in it. Good find.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    not fat free and where s the calories?????????????

there's a recipe builder to work out cals if you want to figure that out,

Everyones will be slightly different with brands etc so i tend not to put them when I put up recipes either.
  • filoula
    filoula Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    thanks for sticking up for me guys!

thought I'd share the nutrition from the brands i use - i entered the recipe on here and this is what it accumulates to:

68 calories
    15 carbs
    0 fat
    2 protein
    0 sat fat

these are the things i monitor - i know there's gonna be sugar and random other stuff in it but i don't think that's too bad for a cookie! i just wanted to share it because i'm always looking for sweet kind of healthy stuff for when i need a choccy boost! and as for the waistline comment - i wasn't thinking of consuming all of these at once - im sure one cookie isn't gonna kill me.

thank you :)
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I will even confess I do consume butter on occasion! My grandmother was raised on a farm and drank full fatted milk fresh from the cow and ate countless eggs. She also churned her own butter and made baked goods with sugar. She was thin all of her life because she ate in moderation and had a very active lifestyle. I remember this every time I think of all of the processed low-fat no-sugar foods that have become staples of many people's diets. I have raised 2 daughters successfully who are not afraid to eat real food even though their first exposure to an eating disorder was in kindergarden. Can you imagine a 5 year old who is a "recovered" bulimic? Long term healthy lifestyles need an infusion of good old-fashioned common sense in order to be successful. Sugar free/fat free etc is great alternatives at times but the "real thing" can have it's well deserved place at the table too.
  • shadowlydarkness
    shadowlydarkness Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe, it sounds great!
  • apothecarist
    apothecarist Posts: 193
    Options
    I really don't get why people get into this "attack mode" sometimes on this site. This is the recipe sharing section of the forum. No one's forcing anyone to make and eat these.

Thanks a bunch for the recipe...sounds good!
  • marylewis90038
    Options
    they sound yummy and may just satisfy (to a small degree) my sweet tooth! Thanks for the trouble you went to to provide grams and calories.
  • kendallsauntie
    kendallsauntie Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • jocomoso
    jocomoso Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    no, one cookie won't kill you!
    thanks for the recipe - we all need treats occasionally or we will go a bit nutty and binge instead...
    whatever recipe it is, I try remember to use as many unrefined ingredients as possible, in this case pure cocoa powder, raw cane sugar, wholemeal flour etc - that will help build a "clean" cookie!! enjoy! xx
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!

And guys.. DUH, of course she knows that fat-free cookies won't make the calories disappear.

This recipe is great and would definitely be a healthier alternative, and probs lower in calories than other choc cookie recipes!

So, thanks again for the recipe :) Of course I love to eat properrr cookies, and just fit them in my cals, but I'll try these anyway :)
  • barbz2119
    barbz2119 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe and also going to the trouble to supply the stats. I think they sound great and will certainly give them a try.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    a bag of sugar is fat free too but it isn't going to do anything for your waistline

lol. my thoughts exactly.
  • 0atmeal_queen
    Options

this ^