Hi. Time to take control..any tips

Options
Hi all,
I'm here because I need to lose 56lbs or 4 stone!

Any help or advice greatfully received xx

Deb

Replies

• farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    hi Deb, and welcome

best tip I think is weigh everything, do not rely on "portion size", half packet / tin etc or just eyeballing items

Then log it all on MFP, bit of a chore to start with, but you will soon build a a list of items you often eat and thus it gets easier with logging

PS my weight loss staring Aug 2012, so your goal is very do-able
  • MzNikiDaDancingQueen
    MzNikiDaDancingQueen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    First let me say good job for wanting to make a change in your lifestyle whether it's just because or personal reasons.
    I say first n for most beware of your ideal body weight compared to what you think is right for you, trust me its totally different. 2nd Isay to help with weiggt loss, set a sides certain days to workout, plan your meals ahead of time n dont stray from this. That way you can keep track. DONT DIET. JUST SIMPLY EAT RIGHT.. added more fruits veggies n nuts to your meals n snacks. Even if you don't have the will to do a hard core workout still do something. Walk around block, jog in place, while sitting at home lift weighs *well if you have some. Keep your body active n well nourished. Walk to the corner store, instead of driving. Most importantly have fun with it.
  • redhen966
    redhen966 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thank you farway and Nikihugh.. Good advice from you both.
    I have to get my head together too, I started comfort eating after the death of one of our children, some days are worse than others..
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    thank you farway and Nikihugh.. Good advice from you both.
    I have to get my head together too, I started comfort eating after the death of one of our children, some days are worse than others..

so sorry to hear about child death, none of us expect to outlive our children

I hope you can manage all the issues around you at the moment, good luck Deb
  • VBMotivated
    Options
    Hi Deb

I'm new today too. I've got a great pesonal trainer, and that really helps me on the straight and narrow, a bit. But he's a bit scary. I've been training with him for 4 weeks now, and have lost 11 Ibs, but it's really slow and he constantly tells me that I should be losing a lot more, much more quickly, especially at the start. My biggest faling is, wine. I can miss lots of days then, I have a blow out, drink wine and then eat loads of rubbish food - crisps, chocoalte and nuts. Any ideas on how to control this? (without the obvious one of not drinking at all!). I need a quick fix for my Tuesday training session - rapid weight loss.

I need to lose 3 stone.

Vanessa
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    got rid of soft drinks and log daily. Comfort eating is hard for me also but we have to take care of ourselves!!