Insanity; the nutrition side

Options
Okay, so I'm going to start insanity, but I was naughty and I downloaded it instead of paying for it. SO, I do not have any of the nutritional information that they recommend for the program.

My question is; did anyone change their diets more to suit this program (different than what you usually did if you were just doing cardio and strength training)?

Do you also find that insanity is enough of a workout for you, or did you find yourself doing any cardio during the week as well?

Happy Mother's day!

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I'm going to start insanity, but I was naughty and I downloaded it instead of paying for it. SO, I do not have any of the nutritional information that they recommend for the program.

My question is; did anyone change their diets more to suit this program (different than what you usually did if you were just doing cardio and strength training)?

Do you also find that insanity is enough of a workout for you, or did you find yourself doing any cardio during the week as well?

Happy Mother's day!

Insanity as a program was not designed to be supplemented with other exercise. Doing so would increase your nutritional requirements to something that would be very difficult to feasibly meet.

Regarding nutrition, the Insanity nutrition guide is basically nothing more than a collection of recipes that follow a 40c/40p/20f macronutrient profile, which it strongly recommends. You should be eating no less than 1500 calories a day and that is only if you are a very short and already thin woman. Most people following Insanity should be eating around 2000 a day if not more.
  • hardyjessicag
    hardyjessicag Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Well I am very short (4"11), and I'm not very overweight (124lbs), so I will try to at least eat 1500 calories,

Thanks!
  • NeverThatEZ
    NeverThatEZ Posts: 43
    Options
    I supplement insanity with other exercises. As far as nutrition, the only thing I changed was my protein intake and upped my calorie intake 300 calories