Here it is, 1 year on MFP

Options

Replies

• FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Really brilliant and please keep posting the pictures as you go. You are a brilliant inspiration to all of us... One question, did you follow the MFP guidelines on cals or work out what was best for you? Just curious as I would find 1200 very difficult to stick to but 1600 more manageable. Thanks!
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I love your progress! The lifting photo is my favorite of course. So much love!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You are awesome. I admire you so much and I'm very happy to be on your friend list. :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Awe some and way to take the steady enduring method to losing weight. Congrats!!
  • Darmanin
    Darmanin Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Love the pic with the 'big plates' :-) Great job on the weight loss you have done a fantastically well. Keep it up.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Smaaaaaaash!
    You are an amazing woman in so many ways, and knowing more of your story (so far) only adds to my admiration. I'm honored to have you as a friend, and can't wait to watch all the adventures to come!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Badassery!

:flowerforyou:
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Imagine where you'll be next year! Keep up the awesome work!:drinker:
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Have I told you how much I enjoy being your friend?

You are an inspiration. You are funny. And cute. And creative. And a superhero. And ... all the stuff.

:heart:
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Inspirational! I would love to lift weights but don't know where to begin. Pretty amazing story and good luck with the future, your bloomin' awesome!

I'm currently doing Strong Lifts, but I've also done the New Rules of Lifting for Women (which is a great book and program). I've also heard wonderful things about Starting Strength.
    Really brilliant and please keep posting the pictures as you go. You are a brilliant inspiration to all of us... One question, did you follow the MFP guidelines on cals or work out what was best for you? Just curious as I would find 1200 very difficult to stick to but 1600 more manageable. Thanks!

For a good chunk of the time (when I started) I followed the MFP guidelines, which means that I ate my exercise calories back. About midway through the year I switched to the TDEE - 25% method, as I lose more weight I'll decrease my deficit. My goals are fitness as well as weight loss, so I'm trying to do right by my body; which means feeding it adequately for my activity level so that it will continue to work for me.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Oh my holy lord, woman. You're utterly amazing. I knew you had come far, but it's one thing to see the ticker, or even see the pictures, but it's a whole 'nother deal to finally hear the story behind the loss.

I'm incredibly proud of you, but even moreso, I'm inspired by you and in complete awe of your drive and unwillingness to fail. I can't wait to see what you'll achieve in the coming months and years. I have a feeling it's going to be pretty damn incredible.

I'm honored to have you as a friend, my dear. Again, amazing job. I bow to you.

:heart:
  • juliezum
    juliezum Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You are such a wonderful inspiration!!! Very happy for you and what a great gift on Mother's Day!!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Love it all, especially this part!
    And dead lifting, just to brag about the big plates being on that bar.
    nzarXHX.jpg

Great work, keep it up!

Uh, Dav, she's supposed to put it down, that's kinda how they work.

Seriously though, I saw some preview pics, and knew you had been successful, but didn't know the whole story. It is beyond awesome, so inspirational. Congrats!!
  • FootsoreRambler
    FootsoreRambler Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow. Your progress is just fantastic, and add me to the list of those who are happy to see you promoting the art of pacing oneself. I wish you plenty of great adventures!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    You are freaking awesome!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • maryyerkes
    maryyerkes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! You said a lot of things I needed to hear as I'm just starting on this MFP journey, - thank you for the great advice!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    You are a superhero.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Whoa!!! Congrats.
    :noway: :noway: :noway:

How much are you lifting there?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    70 lbs in a year is awesome. That's so close to my intended loss that I actually chose based on a weight loss calculator, so I think that generally seems like a perfect amount for a year. Also considering you decided to lift, that's amazing amount of lbs gone. Poof. Vanished. Congratulations!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    You look SO MUCH HAPPIER! In the newer photos you just have a glow about you!

PROUD OF YOU! Keep up all the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!