Need good walking shoes...on a budget

Options
I walk at least 5 miles a day. 85% pavement 15% grass. I wear men's because women's aren't as comfortable for me. They're too narrow & tight even though I don't have a wide foot. Men's just fit better.

What should I look for? I don't want to break the bank.

Replies

• Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    First off, what's your budget? You won't be impacting hard as if you were running, but still you want stability and durability. You could possibly spend $40-50 on a decent pair of shoes and then in a month or so invest in a good pair of inserts, but why not just save your money and get a nice pair of running shoes in the $100 range, especially since they might not realistically last you a month more? You could hit up ****'s or some other high end retailer and buy last season's model at a savings, essentially getting you a nice shoe for a much cheaper price. I've bought shoes from Peltz shoes before (online) and they have good clearance prices. I would suggest finding them locally and trying them first, unless it's a brand and style you're somewhat familiar with. Almost all big name shoe companies such as Nike, New Balance, etc. have a lower line of shoe. This may be something you want to consider as well.

I would suggest going to a running store in your area. Like, an actual running store, not Sport's Authority or Foot Locker. Have them check your gait. It's free. They can then recommend shoes based off your gait and budget. In my experience they are not any more expensive than retail chains but you'll get better service and return policy. You might even find a women's shoe you like!
  • Himsok
    Himsok Posts: 1
    Options
    the best suggestion is to go a running store, but i was at the foot locker store and had a good run check and i´m very happy with my new running shoes. It was also very cheap, above all i could used a voucher code ( 30% off all items).

Found it here:
    http://www.voucherbox.co.uk/vouchers/foot-locker