Oxyelite Pro whats your opinion

Options
Hello there,
I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Oxyelite Pro, and if so what were the results?

Thanks!

Sarah

Replies

• ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Obviously, I'm not the best person to ask since I haven't heard of it. I'm going to presume by the context that it is a weight loss supplement/aid. I'm pretty leery about anything like that. Typically you can start the countdown from when they hit the shelf to when the first lawsuit is filed due to a horrible side effect or health risk that they cause.

As for my opinion on this item.... it sounds like laundry detergent. LOL
  • sez162
    Options
    hehe thanks for your opinion, Im giving it a shot. my fiance is doing it also. we started it today and its crazy how much caffeine is in it. I dont normally even drink coffee, so the hit of caffeine has made me go physco bouncing off the walls at work haha, i guess the good news is that ive read, its mainly all natural, but i spose that even natural stuff can be bad for us...

and your not wrong, it does sound like a laundry detergent. hehe
  • flash53
    flash53 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't take it. I took so many other fat burners in the past they claim to get rid of fat or speed up fat loss. In my experience they
    help remove excess water in your system. The first two or three days you pee a lot and you might have a two or three lb. weight loss, but that's all it will be. As soon as you stop taking them you gain that water weight back in your body. Save your money and don't buy these. The only thing is if you don't drink coffee or energy drinks these pills will give you that caffeine kick to get you going.
    Just remember (BAND AID REMEDIES DON'T LAST)!!!
  • ndtorrez
    ndtorrez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started taking these on Monday and so far, I can tell they are doing their job. They can make you a little jittery, so I had to cut out my daily coffee habit or drink decaf only. I am taking these in conjunction with some energy+metabolism vitamins. I have only been taking them for a couple days and I haven't weighed myself, so I don't know if I have lost any weight yet.
  • sez162
    Options
    thanks for your opinions, its been fantastic, Im now on my 3rd day, ive dropped a couple of kilos, which is i dare say waterweight.
    it just sucks when your weight plateaus and its been fantastic to speed my my metobolism. and yes there is no bandaid solution, so its going to be interesting to see what happens after the course of tablets are complete.
  • ramsnwranglers
    Options
    over the last year and a half i lost 93lbs with oxyelite, excecise and workouts
  • holthaus30
    holthaus30 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I took samples from GNC for a few weeks. I think it really helped to kick my appetite and keep me from eating snacks. I also loved the energy, I did not get jittery but I had a ton of energy. Only downfall was that when it made me sweat it did not seem to mix well with my body because it was a distinct smell.
  • sruckstuhl
    sruckstuhl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Do your research. This is not a "natural" or healthy product. I am in stage two of kidney failure because of taking Oxyelite Pro for 6 weeks. I'm not saying this will happen to everyone, but I'm not the first person. I wouldn't take it. I'm stuck eating a low protein, low phosphorus, low potassium diet the rest of my life due to this drug...its not worth it.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Do your research. This is not a "natural" or healthy product. I am in stage two of kidney failure because of taking Oxyelite Pro for 6 weeks. I'm not saying this will happen to everyone, but I'm not the first person. I wouldn't take it. I'm stuck eating a low protein, low phosphorus, low potassium diet the rest of my life due to this drug...its not worth it.

Wow, that's terrible. Did you take it as directed and drink plenty of water and keep an eye on sodium while you took it?
  • Diamond241
    Diamond241 Posts: 16
    Options
    I agree, it's not a natural or health product!! Too much caffeine is not good for you and that's what a lot of on the shelf pills are! Nothing buy major caffeine. That's why you get the jitters!!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    It's an expensive caffeine pill.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • getskinnyby25
    getskinnyby25 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    hello! I've taken this before, it made me a little less hungry, but I didnt see huge results. I actually liked Hydroxy Cut, it really worked for me,I was dropping 5-7 lbs per week on it!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    The Yohimbe in it will make some people (like myself) sweat a lot. I do get a bit jittery. You HAVE to drink water and as I mentioned earlier, keep an eye on your electrolytes. Anything with a diuretic component has to be taken with care, especially during exercise. For some reason, 2 years ago my kidneys also malfunctioned simply due to my excessive exercise and lack of attention to electrolytes...I became incapable of holding water and had to be put on mineralcorticoids to get them back into working order.
  • carameldelightonly1
    carameldelightonly1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Liked it but didn't like it....maybe I wasn't doing it right...I didn't lose. It did curb my appetite made me more alert though...I guess my body wasn't made for it. Heard great results from it though. It worked for my husband just not me.
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    I am pretty sure FDA just banned Oxyelitle Pro.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    I am pretty sure FDA just banned Oxyelitle Pro.

Nope, it's not backed by the FDA so it's not tested by the FDA and it's still available. It probably will be eventually, as are all effective pills. :tongue:
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    over the last year and a half i lost 93lbs with oxyelite, excecise and workouts
    I always have a hard time believing people who are supporting any supplement and it's the only post they've ever made here at MFP.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I started taking these on Monday and so far, I can tell they are doing their job. They can make you a little jittery, so I had to cut out my daily coffee habit or drink decaf only. I am taking these in conjunction with some energy+metabolism vitamins. I have only been taking them for a couple days and I haven't weighed myself, so I don't know if I have lost any weight yet.

how do you know it's working?
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

how do you know it's working?

Their main function is as an appetite suppressant. They contain caffeine, 1,20dimethylamylamine which is a caffeine enhancer, yohimbe, and a couple other herbal supplements that increase uncoupling proteins to make your mitochondria basically waste energy. You feel warm and you're not hungry.
  • Kaylarhodes
    Kaylarhodes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sounds dangerous. Clean eating MOST of the time and working hard is the only way to be healthy all around. I use Shakeology for energy and it is safe and easy. Read your label, do some research. Thin does not equal healthy!