I want to stop being the fattest person at a get together!

Options
page68
page68 Posts: 220 Member
I'm here because I went to a high school tea party (classmates I hadn't seen in years) and was mortified when I saw my picture. Not only was I the fattest person there, I consumed half the photo. UGH!!

I've already found that logging in my food has raised my awareness level. Who knew I ate a lot of protein???

Exercise is and always has been a bugaboo for me. I'm getting in gear now!

Thanks for "listening."

Replies

• tairui2009
    tairui2009 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    We've all had that photo moment ~ I got to a point where I *stopped* taking pictures.. that's no way to live. I hit 40 and couldn't lose a pound. I didn't really know *how* to lose weight.. just figured if I ate less, and exercised more it should happen.

You should check out some of the dvd's they have out now ~ they're amazing. I use Insanity.. but I know people who have had phenomenal results with P90X series.

Take one day at a time, do the best you can, and you'll always be one step closer to your goal! :)

Take good care,

Tara
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I always scan everywhere I go (pools, pubs, parks etc) to see if there is anyone bigger than me and sadly 99% there ISN'T.

It upsets me sooooo much....but I guess that is why we are here. MFP members are so supportive and I've lost 10 lbs since I joined here and a total of 51+ now.

Hang in there.....we will be here to cheer you on! Good luck with the weight loss!
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing! I know my friends love me no matter what (well, almost), but I'm about 3 of my friends combined!

Stick with it! This site really helps keep you in the right mentality to succeed. Good luck!
  • shneebop
    shneebop Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello... I am sorry you feel that way.. I feel the same... grrrr.... I live in Laguna Niguel and all my friends are skinny, fit, well dressed and such.. As an over weight person, I am very insecure to be around them.. finding clothes in my size for good prices is hard. Chin up, we can change it!!!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I had that moment a few weekends ago. Got together with my best friends as we do a few times a year, and was mortified when I looked at the pics. Thus, here I am!

Ah-ha moments are beneficial though - when they get you motivated, right? :bigsmile:

Hang in there, lady - this is a great place to be to help keep you on track. xoxo
  • loonpine2
    loonpine2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Stop comparing yourselves to others. It's like beating yourself up and there are to many others out there to do that!
    Protien is good as long as it's grilled or broiled and lean! The fat, sugar and bad carbs are what to watch out for.
    While you are changing your life style of eating, stand up tall, be proud of the person you are inside and laugh at life!
  • coffeegirl1998
    coffeegirl1998 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I agree with loonpine2. I think that constantly comparing ourselves to one another is causing more harm that good. But I can relate. I cannot shop in the same stores as some of my friends because of my size, but I just find other stuff to do with them.
  • coffeegirl1998
    coffeegirl1998 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    But I forgot to say Welcome! I am sure you will find a support system to help you through this struggle.
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    Hang in there and try to stop comparing yourself to others. We all have experienced that same problem. Keep you chin up and continue your program and all will be okay.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    My awakening was a picture my husband took of me in a sweater I knit........I couldn't believe how bad I looked. (the picture is on y profile page :laugh: ).....it changed my life....I hope your bad photo experience is just what you need to get you on the right path....take it one day at a time......if you don't exercise now, start by walking around the block and do a little more each day.:bigsmile:
  • alymay5
    alymay5 Posts: 6
    Options
    I know how you feel. As I look back over the last 10 years (my fat years) I am not in many pictures with my kids. That breaks my heart. I can not get those days back, but I can change my future!! I want to get healthy so I will not be ashamed to be in the pictures with my family!!
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Stop comparing yourselves to others. It's like beating yourself up and there are to many others out there to do that!
    Protien is good as long as it's grilled or broiled and lean! The fat, sugar and bad carbs are what to watch out for.
    While you are changing your life style of eating, stand up tall, be proud of the person you are inside and laugh at life!

Though I agree with the above quote, I get it. It's hard to be the biggest person in the room. Welcome to MFP, I'm sure you'll do great!
  • slcbrus
    slcbrus Posts: 79
    Options
    I'm pretty sure we've all been there. Somebody took a photo of me wearing a beach towel around the body... Gasp!!!

It's terrible and I understand how you feel, I avoid being photographed whenever possible nowadays but I know it will get better. I am working toward that and so are you, keep it up and keep faith in yourself and what you can accomplish, things are looking for sure because you are here and you are taking charge! :flowerforyou:
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. My plan is to come here for more of your support!!
  • treehugger88
    treehugger88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm always the biggest person every where I go. It's mortifying... but instead of beating yourself up, you just have to use that as motivation to lose it.
  • GrayJohn
    GrayJohn Posts: 74
    Options
    It's tough work but you can get there!

735976.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods