1200 calories per day, no change in weight?

Options
I consume around 1200 calories a day, sometimes up to 1300.
However, I don't see to be losing any weight. I started around a month and a half ago and only lost around 2 pounds. After that, nothing. It's been about 3 weeks since I last lost weight. I even tried exercising more often and still the scale stayed at the same place.
It's really my legs and calves that I'm been trying to trim, and maybe a bit of my stomach, so I aimed for the 30 day shred and killer buns and thighs and still no visible results.
It's really putting me off, to be honest.

Replies

• chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    must be "starvation mode"!!!:glasses:
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Contrary to what so many people on MFP say, under-eating will sabotage weight loss in the long run. There really is more to good health and weight loss than JUST calories in and calories out.

Do you have a lot to lose or only a little? If you only have 10-20 pounds to lose, it might go very slow. I still have 30 pounds to lose and I'm only losing about 2-3 pounds per month now. I often go 2-3 weeks without a loss on the scale, but my body is still getting smaller.
  • startheory
    startheory Posts: 63
    Options
    You probably are not eating enough. I stalled at 1200 and read about doing TDEE minus 20%, which is what I started 2 weeks ago. And I've already lost 2 lbs. Eating 300 more calories a day is helping me lose! I think your body is trying to tell you it wants more food.
  • sparkieamberjack
    Options
    I know how you feel the seam thing is happening to me, its been a month and now and no weight loss. Th scale even showed I gained a pound and my calories are between 1100-1300 a day. I am so discouraged am thinking of doing the Paleo Diet because counting calories is not working at all!
  • natmadc
    natmadc Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Go to "Search" and look thru replys on this topic. I seen this issue many times on the forums. And most times the suggestion is to up your calories. I did that and it worked for me. Do some research TDEE, BMR, etc. etc. and see what your find. A helpful post is "in place of a road map" search that a lot of good info there..