Oneder-Land!

Options
Ed98043
Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
Well, after 15 weeks on MFP I have reached my first mini-goal - 198.4 lbs at weigh-in this morning!

It's been a slow process, as I'm 47, don't formally exercise and cheat more than I should, but I hope I can help inspire someone because I've sure relied on the MFP Success Stories section for inspiration myself. The weight has come off in jumps and starts...a week or two without losing anything, then a couple of lbs lost in quick succession, then nothing for a while, maybe a gain of a lb or two before it drops again. I've learned that it's all about patience and just having faith in the process.

I debated about posting pics because I look almost exactly the same in them (upper arms look a little smaller, hair's a little longer, new duvet cover lol)...but my clothes are definitely looser and I'm wearing things from my closet that haven't seen the light of day in years. I generally average between 1400 and 1600 calories a day. I am 5'7".

Combo2_zps3b161815.jpg?t=1368398171

More mini-goals coming up:

-8 more lbs - no longer obese, just overweight!
-18 more lbs and I'll weigh what I did 5 years ago, and I'll be at the halfway point to goal.

Thanks for looking!

Replies

• Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! You can definitely tell you lost significant amount of tummy =) Grats on your first mini goal.

btw I like the bright bedspread:smile:
  • barbiesnd
    barbiesnd Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome to one-derland It's a magical place.............lol!!
  • Kacey11312
    Kacey11312 Posts: 55
    Options
    What a great accomplishment! I can definitely see a difference! You look great, keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • GraeKat
    GraeKat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!! I hit ONEderland this past Wednesday. 198 exactly. Doesn't it feel great?!?!? I'm also 5'7 and I'm looking to lose about 20 more pounds. I'll just be happy if I can get into a size 12/10 comfortably. Feel free to add me.

What are you doing to lose the weight? I just started Insanity for the second time.

You can definitely tell a difference in the tummy. . and your legs.
  • keriberi9
    keriberi9 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the progress!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the progress! You can def see a difference in waist and tummy...Keep up the great work!
  • Whtmask
    Whtmask Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You can definitely see progress between the two photos! Keep it up! Just like you I love the success stories section! I hope to be part of it someday soon!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!