Did you know....

Options
JenniTheVeggie
JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
You can pop popcorn in a brown paper (lunch bag) in the microwave? I have been doing this for a long time but I don't think everyone realizes it works. Just put enough popcorn seeds in the bag to cover the bottom. Roll the top down and microwave until the popping slows. No oil needed!

Replies

• supernaturalkat
    supernaturalkat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes! I used to pop popcorn like that. It was great! You can season it with what ever you want and you can definitely know exactly the calories. :) Thanks for sharing. Now I want popcorn. :)
  • Marie12059
    Marie12059 Posts: 15
    Options
    hi..just wanted to add, don't use bags made from recycled materials in the microwave. I just read that they contain materials that can ignite in the microwave. also do not use paper plates, paper towels, or napkins made with recycled materials. ALL these items will be marked in the packages if they contain these materials. happy snacking!! :)
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Freaking awesome tip! Thank you!!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    hi..just wanted to add, don't use bags made from recycled materials in the microwave. I just read that they contain materials that can ignite in the microwave. also do not use paper plates, paper towels, or napkins made with recycled materials. ALL these items will be marked in the packages if they contain these materials. happy snacking!! :)

Is it bad that I want to try this? I would keep a fire extinguisher nearby.
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Where do you eve get just plain popcorn?
  • sunnyskys2013
    sunnyskys2013 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Where do you eve get just plain popcorn?

Anywhere i buy mine in the 50 # bag. But wal-mart and most other places have it buy the #.
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I haven't popped popcorn like that in a long time! i forgot about that! perhaps ill have to try it!

You can find a bag of kernels usually on the bottom shelf where the microwave popcorn is!
  • ronron1273
    ronron1273 Posts: 4
    Options
    It's much healthier! that's the only way I eat my popcorn