90+ to lose and need some help!

Options
2»

Replies

• lizbeth926
    lizbeth926 Posts: 43
    Options
    Hey Kyla!! You've made a great choice in joining MFP. We have a great group of support I've ever come across! I too have decided to take control and this site not only helps me to track what i'm eating, but also provide the support I needed to keep going. I started a month ago and am down 8 lbs!

Its a definite lifestyle change. You can do it!!! Feel free to add me!
  • Iwanttobe180lb
    Options
    hey lovely i started 14 weeks ago today and im down 44lb and have another 56lb to go to reach my goal ... im 35 year old mum of 2 and im from lincolnshire in the UK. the support i have had on here has been fantastic and i couldn't have done it without the support i of mfp friends. feel free to send Me a friend request as i think we have quite a lot in common and would love to help you on your journey xx
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Feel free to add me! I was in a similar situation as you minus the children. I weighed in a 252 lbs but got my butt into gear and shed the weight. Would love to there along with you doing YOUR journey.

I am on and logging every day!
  • Kayla_292to165
    Kayla_292to165 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 30 years old, stay at home mama of 3...been married almost 11 years. I started Jan 1 with 118 lbs to go...so far, I'm down 52. I started at 292.
  • mieksgirl
    mieksgirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me too. i have lost the weight, but am still on here daily. i love encouraging others on their journey! Good luck!
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hi Kyla,
    I'm not a stay at home mom but I am 32 (next week), work full time and go to school full time. So I'm pretty busy myself. On top of all of that I have about 80 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me. Def need more like goal friends!
  • Yarabago
    Yarabago Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello,Im in the same situation and support is always Welcome :)
    Feel free to add me if you like.
  • white_horse
    white_horse Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Very similar situation myself (minus the kids part). 34, 5'7". I was 245-ish when I started March 2012. I'm down 74lbs so far and am aiming to get to 150lbs. When I get close to that I'll re-evaluate my goal and see if I want to lose more, lose less, or if that is good. You'll definitely find lots of support and help here.
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have roughly 88 pounds more to lose. Starting out, it was 131. Feel free to add me!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    In a bit of a different boat, but we're all here for support!

I'm 27 and getting fit for me and the family I want to have (and hopefully soon.) Boyfriend has the ring, it's just a matter of weeks/months before he pops the question. I'm losing weight so we can have a family and I can be healthy for me and him and the family we will have. I also have Fibromyalgia, so getting healthy is helping keep my flair ups and pain in control as well.

When I signed up for MFP years ago I was 167 (lost the weight doing Paleo and Crossfit - 42 pounds in 2011). This time around I started at 142 (no Crossfit and no paleo this time). I started 7 weeks ago and have lost 8.5 lbs just walking and doing yoga (due to Fibro, I can't do anything high intensity like HIIT or heavy weightlifting). I'm already 6-12 pounds within my goal and hoping to still log and keep myself in check and not yoyo with the weight anymore.

You've made the first step, which is realizing you need help and support! GOOD FOR YOU! I know we have different stories, but would love to be a motivator and supporter for you!
  • time4me_77
    time4me_77 Posts: 9
    Options
    I am humbled and amazed at all of the support! Thank you all.. If I missed you on the friend request I'm sorry..please feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • jmlf4
    jmlf4 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me ...i am a mother of 4 and working to get myself in shape for me and them
  • rwmclain
    rwmclain Posts: 1
    Options
    Good Afternoon, I'm Rob and am looking forward to what lies ahead.
  • dloggans
    dloggans Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi Kyla,

I have been using mfp for about 2 weeks and there is so much I like about it. What has really inspired me is the nutrition information on what I eat. Wow, I can't believe the sugar and sodium content in normal, everyday foods. It has really made me more aware of what I am putting in my system and I have already begun to make changes based on that information.

Kuddos to you, wishing you much success.
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!

I just reclaimed my health last week and would be happy to share the journey with you.
  • kylaenslow
    kylaenslow Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Kyla!

My name is....Kyla! hahaha I will add you just because we have the same beautiful name!! :flowerforyou:

I am 32, single, 5'9 and have 70+lbs to lose (lost 27 already). I log in every day and love supporting and encouraging my friends on here. While I don't have kids I do work 2 jobs, am active in my church community and spend lots of time with my family who live close by.

Anyone who sees this is welcome to add me as well. :smile:
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Welcome to taking back your life. There are plenty of people who are getting into a healthy lifestyle (not diet) that are in a similar situation! Read read read! There's lots of information out there, and lots of paths to choose, and it all gets scary and confusing. Search the forums for anything you don't understand, and ask if you can't find it. :)
  • 13donna1
    13donna1 Posts: 12
    Options
    Oh yes and welcome aboard! We can do it together!! I am facing gastric sleeve in a short while. I have tried all the diets on this planet and even my own. The weight keeps coming on back plus more. Stay positive and let's sweat together!:smile: