Motivation tips and thoughts

Options
Krohnie
Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
How do I stop comparing myself to others and just get going on this process? How do I put it all behind me and move forward toward my goal. My 1st goal is to hit 175, the lowest I've been since my 4 year old was born. My next goal is 165, the lowest since my 6 year old was born, my ultimate goal is 150. I'm someone who is discouraged by others success, maybe jealous. It makes me angry that I can't or haven't done it. Any advice for how to stop beating myself up and just move on and drop some pounds?

Maybe I'm looking for motivation ideas. I'm not motivated by others losses, they make me mad. I'm not motivated by things other people do, also makes me mad! What do you guys use as motivation. Are you so unhappy with where you are that you have to change? I feel that way, but I'm still struggling to make all the changes necessary. It seems like such a long processs

Replies

• Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Verbal-remedy.gif
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I was ready for a change. But don't change everything at once, start with small changes you can handle. Make this a lifestyle change with you eating things you love in moderation.

As I've read here a lot, it didn't take a week to gain all the weight, so we won't lose the weight in a week.

You have to want it! But you can do it!
  • PeauxPeaux
    PeauxPeaux Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Practice being happy for other people. When I am unhappy or mad, I eat more and sulk more. Sulking is not effective cardio.

I found that for me, starting to get the weight off was about getting HAPPIER, less jealous, kinder to myself, kinder to others.

I am a religious person, so prayer was a lot fo this. If you are nto religious, I also found exercise helped. Endophins make you HAPPIER---do cardio. Take yoga, which teaches you NOT to compare yourself to others, to go inward, to accept and love yourself right where you are, and to love your body RIGHT WHERE IT IS enough to want better health for it. You deserve to feel GOOD in your own skin RIGHT NOW< not when you lose 30 pounds.

Stop being mad at yourself for gaining weight. Stop being mad at others for having more "willpower" or success. Breathe in and out, look at your kid, feel blessed.

When you are happier, change is easier.