How do you cream your coffee?

Options

Replies

• dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just recently started drinking coffee, I don't drink it every day (or ever multiple cups a day) so I'm not TOO concerned with the creamer I add. But I've found if I buy flavored coffee I don't have to add as much creamer. I only buy 'natural' creamer, I'd rather have real sugar than the artificial stuff.

Right now I love mixing in unsweetened cocoa as well! I have caramel coffee and brew it with just a few pinches of the cocoa, I have 1tbsp of natural creamer and mmmmm it's soooo good!
  • 4bigeasy
    4bigeasy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I use SO coconut dairy creamer. It's fat free and only 10 calories. It comes in French Vanilla too, but I like the original.
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    coffeemate powdered creamer with some truvia or stevia helps me. if i want flavored coffee i'll used hazelnut k-cup or butter pecan. powdered creamer(lite) is 10 cals/tsp. i tried almond and soy milk and powdered creamer works best for me. i tried to do black coffee. i just cant lol
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    natural bliss sweet cream creamer - 35 calories per tbsp... I use 2 tbsp and 1 packet of sweet and low. I limit my coffee to 2 cups a day, if that.
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Invest in a steamer. A half cup of non-fat milk is about 45 calories. The steaming makes the milk much, much creamier.
  • momo9128706
    momo9128706 Posts: 45
    Options
    I started with one cup coffee with 2 tsps of sugar, and reg coffee creamer (2 cups daily). Once I started tracking my food I realized how many calories I was using JUST for coffee. I switched to stevia and then no calorie sweetner. I eventually just cut all sugars/artificial sweetners and now just use 1 tablespoon of sugar free hazelnut per cup coffee. Only 15 calories and HALF the carbs =]
  • cals83
    cals83 Posts: 131
    Options
    I usually have my cup of coffee with 4 oz. of milk and a packet of truvia.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    1 tablespoon sugar free International Delight French vanilla and 1 tablespoon of whole milk = 28 calories.
  • hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    French vanilla sugar free creamer isn't too bad.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Just a little milk
  • jangier
    jangier Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I started using whole milk in my coffee, I find that I need less than I do with skim milk and for me personally, it tastes so much better! 1/4 of a cup is only 38 calories, so worth it for me. I also use splenda to sweeten, but am hoping that maybe I can stop using that soon.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I don't. I drink it black. I used to put sugar but kicked that habit too. If I really want something creamy, I'll add a bit of milk to it.
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Either 3 Tablespoons of half n half with splenda, or 1/2 cup 2% milk both about 60 calories. The milk adds protein and calcium. I allot myself that. I tried skim milk and its just not worth it to me.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I use 2tsp sugar and 1tbsp whole milk. I used Half & Half, but quit buying it when I realized my husband was drinking it like milk. Yeah, that's right, by the glass.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    You dirty, dirty people...

I came in to be dirty. Saw no one was taking the happy trail to the bait.

Decided to answer:
    Drink it black, if needing cream, use real, full fat cream. No sweetners, no milk, half and half if you can't get cream. No soy, or almond sugar milk.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    As a rule, I take my coffee black. Iced coffee gets splenda and maybe skim milk. Lattes and cappuccino, when I have them are made with skim.

Every once in a blue moon I'll have a flavored coffee which requires a sweetener (probably splenda) and some cream like additive, typically fat free 1/2 and 1/2.

Every once in a blue,blue,blue moon I'll have cafe con panna which is whipped cream in my coffee. I did it yesterday when I made a pot of chocolate mint coffee for mother's day.
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I use vanilla creme Sweetleaf stevia drops, and 1/2 tablespoon of real, raw milk cream in 8 oz every day, and I drink two cups, so that's 16 oz coffee, 1 tablespoon raw cream, and about a dropperful of stevia. I have a friend who uses the So Delicious brand of coconut milk creamer and stevia. And I have another friend who uses 100% grade B maple syrup. All are very happy with our choices.

Personally, I'd never use something artificial or artificially low fat in anything I put in my body. Fat will not make you fat. And your body needs a certain amount of it to function properly.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Usually it's just 1-2 T of half and half. Or if I want more it more milky I use 1/4-1/2 c 2% milk. Sometimes I'll stir in a little sugar, 1/8-1/4 t white or brown. I have simple syrup for iced coffee. Occasionally a little vanilla extract or ground cinnamon in the brew if I want something flavored.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I can't drink black coffee. That's nasty. Gotta add a little bit of milk, add one little baggie of sugar and one small cup of cream.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    You dirty, dirty people...

I came in to be dirty. Saw no one was taking the happy trail to the bait.

Decided to answer:
    Drink it black, if needing cream, use real, full fat cream. No sweetners, no milk, half and half if you can't get cream. No soy, or almond sugar milk.

*facepalm* Thank God I wasn't the only one thinking in the gutter. :laugh:

I use full-fat cream, usually 40% butterfat if possible, but I don't drink a lot of coffee anymore (kidney issues).