202 to 165...First Goal Met! (with pics)

Options
jotun87
jotun87 Posts: 32 Member
In January 2012 I made a New Year's Resolution many people make...to get back into shape after putting on almost 50 pounds. By the end of January, I started on my journey. Today, I can't believe I can say that I was able to reach my goal.

I was always a skinny kid...growing up in an Italian family where food is love, being ridiculously active and having a metabolism faster than a jack rabbit's, I was able to eat whatever I wanted without a problem. After leaving college and starting to work an office job every day, that lifestyle quickly caught up with me. My weight skyrocketed from around 150 to 202 pounds in about two years...worst part about it? I didn't even realize.

My fiance has always been really supportive of me. He never said I needed to lose weight, has and still does love me the way I am. I wish he would have told me that while we were dating I was getting larger in every way possible...I had gained 50 pounds and was bigger EVERYWHERE. My hips. My butt. My stomach. My boobs. My legs. Everything grew in proportion to each other. Maybe if I had a gut I'd have noticed it sooner, but it wasn't real to me until he bought a scale and I saw a number I never thought I'd see...202.

I didn't even realize that everything I did made me tired. I couldn't walk in the park, couldn't ride a bike. I wasn't able to walk up the stairs without getting winded. And for just reason - at 5'6, this weight is just BAD. I set a first long term goal for myself: 165. I'd start getting there by using MFP religiously and by working out daily. I purchased P90X and a goal bikini that I'd hoped to wear out in public one day. I was ready to go.

Three months later, I completed the program and had lost about 22 pounds. I started feeling better, physically and mentally. I was nowhere close to done yet. I borrowed Insanity from a friend and dropped another 7 pounds from one and a half cycles of VERY modified workouts. Halfway through the second cycle, I hurt my knee and realized I really don't even like the workouts. Consistently working out is hard when you hate what you're doing. My fiance and I started ballroom dancing three times a week and I walked on the other days. Weight kept coming off slowly, but I got stuck at 170 for about 4 months...it felt like forever. To reach my goal I knew I needed to get back on a scheduled routine.

My mom gave me TurboFire for Christmas and I have been in love since I started on January 1. I hit my goal weight, 165, 2 weeks ago. My body doesn't look as great as it did when I was younger, but I know I can be completely happy with myself again if I try hard enough. Next goal for now is 160 - then, if I'm not happy, 155. All I know is I am going to be a HOT bride in November!

I have never been proud of myself like I am when I look at these pictures. I've accomplished something that, a year and a half ago, I never thought would happen. If you are ever stuck in a rut, don't give up. I could have given up so many times, but I stuck with it and have something to show for it. Hopefully, a few months from now, I'll have a little less to show :smile:

Below are my before and after pictures in my goal bikini: 1.31.12 at 202, and 5.4.13 at 165. And don't worry..I would never wear this out in public yet and I really don't like to brag, but I feel confident and proud enough to show MFP the progress I have made!

side165.png

back165.png

front165.png

Replies

• Jentaylor0295
    Jentaylor0295 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Holy Smokes Girl you look AWESOME! Keep up the great work!
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Holy guaca...
  • Jentaylor0295
    Jentaylor0295 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    OH and you totally rock that bikini and should wear it in public!
  • kt3mac4
    kt3mac4 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is great! You look so happy! Thanks for the motivation!
  • krouse83
    krouse83 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! I am envious of your hourglass figure!
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    You have an adorable tiny little waist! That bikini looks fine on you. Wear that nonsense in public, and strut your stuff!
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Holy frikken moly! You go girl!
  • alliepallie89
    Options
    So jealous of your tiny waist! Great job! I hope to have as much success as you in the near future :)
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    You look stunning, rock that bikini!
  • MGreensides
    MGreensides Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You have an adorable tiny little waist! That bikini looks fine on you. Wear that nonsense in public, and strut your stuff!

^^^this
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Holy freaking hourglass!!! Girl you look photoshopped (in a good way!!)
  • sherri33s
    sherri33s Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You look get. Thanks for sharing your story
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I agree with others, so jealous of your hourglass figure. You are a rockstar, and you can totally pull off that bikini already. Best of luck in your future goals. :)
  • africanbashie
    africanbashie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I recently started reading the message board, after 4 weeks on myfitnesspal. Gee, I am jazzed up after reading your post. You are Awesome!
  • JohnnyCashMoney
    Options
    Whoa! Awesome job!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    You have some delicious curves going on! Go girl go!
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job! Keep up the good work!
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Wow, sexy sexy! You look awesome!

And I have to mention that the Internet is public, very public; remember that ;-)
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
  • michellelemorgan
    michellelemorgan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Your waist is teensy! I have a 24 inch waist and I still look like a pencil because my breasts and hips don't even it out. I'm soooo envious! You're doing great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!