Someone help me quick!

So I'm running a half marathon in a week...next Sunday morning. I've been running just fine, trained properly, and even lost a couple pounds the last few weeks maintaining a 1800 calorie/day diet. Well, my finals are this week and I'm FREAKING out so of course I made like 4 trips to the vending machine.....I ate 4000 calories today!!!! I'm just wondering, did I just ruin my small weight loss I achieved in the past few weeks, and more importantly, is this going to affect my race in 7 days? Any help is appreciated.

Replies

• tubzzy77
    tubzzy77 Posts: 104 Member
    No you didn't ruin your diet. Yes it might affect you if you plan on running tomorrow. You might feel sluggish or more energetic depending on what you ate. Good luck on your half marathon.
  • TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    stress can trigger unusual habits. the vending machine of course is of course not your best choice. As far as ruining your weight loss it depends on what you ate and what you have done to burn it back off. Simple equation. You veer off the path then you will get 'lost" try not to beat yourself up about it. Good luck with your half marathon how exciting! Is this your first one. I would be happy to walk a mile let alone run multiple miles. You can do it!!:smile::smile:
  • trocma30
    trocma30 Posts: 12
    well. the food definitely was NOT healthy....candy bars, cheetos, that kind of junk. But before I messed up, I did a quick 6 miles today, and I plan on doing 4 tomorrow, then 2 later in the week....I just don't want to do anything to mess up my half marathon. It's my second one, and I'm aiming for 2 hours and 10 minutes. I have been putting my heart and soul into running the past few months, and would be devastated if I did something to mess up my race.....so of course I'm freaking out now.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Relax. With all that running it sounds like you've been undereating for a while now. It won't affect your half and I'm pretty sure you'll live

x4ZcDj0.gif
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    You've been underrating anyway. You might have done yourself a favor..
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    you'll be fine.

i'm running my first half next sunday myself. i just ate a pop tart. i'll be okay.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    If anything, a good carb up, after eating too little for your activity level, can vastly improve your running, as long as there is a bit of time between the run and the eating, in fact, many runners do carb up the evening before a long run.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    I not sure how you could think it would ruin all your work up until this point, honestly. Maybe it's stress from finals messing with your perspective, since you put so much work into this? It's one day -- 4,000 calories sounds like a whole lot and it is for somebody who is sedentary. You are definitely not -- I'd be shocked if you saw any type of gain. You probably should be eating more per day anyway.

You'll do wonderfully next week, just stay positive.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    No you didn't, and I love your muscles!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    You're training for a half on 1800 per day? Carb load
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    If anything, a good carb up, after eating too little for your activity level, can vastly improve your running, as long as there is a bit of time between the run and the eating, in fact, many runners do carb up the evening before a long run.

This. Just ran a half today after a 2,700 calorie day yesterday. It definitely helped with my race energy.