photos of me taken by others

Options
today I saw some photos of me that were taken yesterday. it was so discouraging to see them and they're out there now for the world to see. Started at 257 in January, now 234. I committed to lose 50 pounds this year ...slow process...but I'm "re"- learning how to fit it all in with full time job and other responsibilities. I'm all alone and I don't have a family. I haven't been very successful in finding neighborly neighbors yet either. I'd like to spend more time exercising but the reality is there's not much energy left at the end of the day. I don't want to be making a bunch of excuses. I spend more time focusing o n the diet part until I lose more weight and exercise will come easier. but I still exercise 3 to 4 days a week at least 30 minutes . wish it could be more because I like to exercise ... Or at least I used to. Lol. I've lost 23 pounds so far. One look at those pictures has wiped out all the good feelings I've had about myself and my progress. I'd love to know what others do to keep their self confidence up so they don't lose sight of their goal. thank you in advance for your comments . also ... its encouraging when other people notice that you lost weight but I haven't had anyone notice yet. 23 pounds is not very much on the big picture so I'm sure that its reasonable no one at work has noticed yet.

Replies

• melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Awww I know how you feel for sure. I have been working out and doing really well with my 6 day a week exercise regime. At work my co-workers notice more than I do. About 10 days ago I went out and took a pic with my friends. When I saw the pics I am not sure if it was the dress or what but I saw myself bigger than ever. I am not going to let that discourage me but jeez for a moment it took my breath away. I am going to keep this pic as a reminder of how much I still need to lose. I still have about 100 lbs to go so I am hoping that by next year I will be able to post a different type of picture. Stay positive and keep doing what you need to do to get where you want to go. This is a life-long journey. :smile: