New and want extra motivation

Options
Hi everyone! I am new to this site and it has been helphing me so far. Is there any one in the philadelphia area i just need a little extra push. As well does anyone know how I change my tracker to state how much i have lost. Thanks for all the help and am ready to meet new motivating work out partners.

Have a great day all.

Replies

• deanamcmillan
    Options
    I'm one week in myself and this is the best site I've used thus far. I'm actually combining this site with an HCG program that I'm doing so I take shots everyday and my calorie count is very low. These first days have been tough, but I know in the end it will be worth it. I don't live in PA; I'm in VA near DC. I understand completely about needing the 'extra motivation' to keep going. Just keep your focus on that feeling of being thinner and healthier. Remeber that it's not that you *can't* have something, it's that you *choose* to exchange one thing for another.

To weigh in, go to My Home> under 'Your Diet Tools' > choose Weigh-in. Hope that helps and good luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    Welcome deanamcmillan and chocolaty68!!! You're in a great place...Been a member since April and love it! Good luck and much success to you! :wink:
  • blessedx5
    blessedx5 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Deanamcmillan,

I too am new and live in the same area. I live in Prince William county where are you? I have been working on weight loss since the beginning of the year but have only lost 10 lbs. I am hopeing by adding more exercise and logging my food I will see more progress. I just started the couch to 5k program and am planning to run a 5k in October to celebrate the big 4-0!
  • deanamcmillan
    Options
    Blessedx5

I live in Loudoun County (Leesburg). Most of my family is in Woodbridge and by the sound of it, you know where that is. I grew up there and went to Woodbridge Senior. I just turned 40 last October!!

I know it's hard but 10lbs is a huge accomplishment, so be proud! I tried to lose 15 before my wedding last year and it took me forever. After I requested a blood test from my Dr. this year, I found a thyroid problem preventing me from losing weight, which is why it took so long to drop 15lbs. If you feel you are giving it everything, but the results just aren't what you expected, I recommend a blood test to check your TSH levels which should be as close to or under 1 as possible. Mine topped out at 8.4 before I was able to get it under control. Once I started the medication for my thyroid, the weight came off easier. Oh..It's still hard work, but I actually see results when I expected them!

Congrats on the 5k I wish you the very best with that. My husband is training for the Marine Corps marathon as well. I'm not a runner so any 'k' is out of my league but I wish you the very best!!
  • deanamcmillan
    Options
    H_R_Wilson,

Thank you and I wish you luck and success as well!
  • onyxlibra7
    onyxlibra7 Posts: 93
    Options
    I am trying to figure out the SAME thing..the tracker. I'm new as well. Just wanted to say hi...I'll be adding you. I don't live in Philly but motivation can come from newhere girl =D
  • boutlaw
    boutlaw Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello, my name is Brenda. I am new to site. Just registered. It seems like a good tracking system. :-)
  • onyxlibra7
    onyxlibra7 Posts: 93
    Options
    Hi Brenda =D
  • deanamcmillan
    Options
    Hey Benda! Welcome! We all wish you great success.