blisters on heel of feet and on bottom of feet help

Options
ChrisinGA
ChrisinGA Posts: 116 Member
okay So i used to wonder how some of you could burn 2,000+ calories in a day, well i recently got a job at wal mart as a cart pusher and now understand lol if you walk 8 hours a day its very easy.

my issue is both of my heels keep getting blisters on them and also on the bottom my feet between my foot and toe , they hurt so bad, i try to wear flip flops when not at work and not soaks but what advise do you have for not getting them or keeping them away ?

my feet hurt so bad it was so hard to go to work today

i got a new pair of shoes but that didn't help much

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    blisters are normally caused by ill fitting shoes or too much moisture. if you're sure that your shoes are the appropriate kind for walking that much and fit well, you should look into investing in some moisture wicking socks as well as makig sure your shoes are breathable
  • Peanutbutterx
    Peanutbutterx Posts: 332
    Options
    dr sholls has some good gel pads to put in your shoes, also they make blister bandaids and neosporin helps heal blisters. maybe also buying a shoe for wide feet or in a bigger size in the meantime.. soaking your feeting in a warm oatmeal bath can really help too. hope you feel better
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm an avid hiker and have dealt with blister and corn problems that I finally overcame. Dr. Scholl's blister treatment bandages to put over the blisters you have. They provide such enormous relief. they also prevent blisters, but they're kind of pricey for that use.

socks with thick bottoms, like hiking socks, help prevent blisters on the bottoms of toes and feet. For between feet, you can use reagular bandaids, but another thing that works is toe socks where each toe goes into its individual casing, like a glove. a little strange, but it does work. prevents that sweating and friction between toes.

Shoes that fit and are made for standing and walking for hours are of course the single most important thing. They don't have to be expensive. Just well-cushioned walking or athetic=type shoes, preferably with an arch.
  • MissMeg95
    MissMeg95 Posts: 8
    Options
    I always get blisters, from every pair of new shoes I've ever owned really, my feet just seem to be prone to it. Partly it tends to be a matter of wearing in new shoes and softening them up. The thing that I find helps most though is putting plasters over all blisters, any areas that feel like they might blister, then any areas that are prone to it. That will at least eliminate any pain and stop you getting any more.
  • ChrisinGA
    ChrisinGA Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I should had added im diabetic, My heels are hurting so bad right now I have been putting neo. on them it has helped some. I have to let my feet rest for a few days hope they get better, When walking for long time might try two pair of soaks
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Heat, friction, moisture.

Buy good moisture wicking socks, have good quality, well ventilated shoes, and buy some foot powder. Also, pick up some moleskin and put it over your trouble spots as a preventive measure.