A Fresh Start

Options
Whtmask
Whtmask Posts: 219 Member
So I have technically been on MFP for a long time, but haven't really reached out to the community and haven't been really committed to logging in everyday (I go through phases where I'm doing really well and times where I haven't been on for months).

Anyway, I really need to make a change in my life. I deal with a lot of depression and emotional eating, which just causes me to gain weight and to get more depressed. I have recently hit the heaviest weight I have been in my life, and I'm so worried and upset, it's been a wake-up call. I'm currently 204lbs, and I'm 5'5". I'm only 23 years old and my doctor is extremely worried about my triglycerides and my blood pressure. I'm so scared, I really want to change.

I think that it would be amazing to make some friends on this site, and to talk with people who have been or who are currently going through the same struggles I am. Please feel free to add me. :) I am making a promise to myself to be on here everyday, and I'll try to support you in your progress as well!

My first goal is to lose 30lbs by Aug. 26th. I'm going to try to eat 1200 calories a day (without eating back exercise calories), and exercise 30 minutes/5 times a week. I've also heard a lot about how awesome strength training is too, but I'm not sure where to start. My current "final" goal is 145...but I guess I'll see how I feel once I get there.

Replies

• Arwaxx
    Arwaxx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    hello,
    we are all in the same boat. i have joined MFP ages ago on and off but now i am back to finish it hopefully. i am on a challange with my hubby to be strict on our food and work out almost everyday! and its been one week of healthy eating including 5 days working out.
    so good luck!