Greek yoghurt how do you know if its the real deal

Options
curds
curds Posts: 201 Member
Hey,

So I bought a tub of Greek yoghurt over the weekend because I really wanted to try it out, but when I got home and scrutinized the label for the few words I understood, I doubted what I bought was really Greek yoghurt. I don't live in an English speaking country and I just know enough of the local language to get by, I recently added some diet words to my vocab so I can examine the labels of the stuff I buy.

So my question is even if the label says Greek yoghurt on it, what should you check to make sure you not just getting a sugary filled normal yoghurt that's trying to pass itself off as Greek yoghurt thanks.

Replies

• thistimewillbedifferent
    thistimewillbedifferent Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    what language? maybe one of us can help you.
  • curds
    Options
    Korean it said Greek in English though and yoghurt in Konglish, from what I could gather from the label the nutritional info on it wasn't drastically different to a drinking yoghurt I had in the fridge.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    The good stuff will have 2 ingredients: milk and bacteria unless it has added fruit or herbs and spices. The ones that are just for marketing band wagon popularity will have added milk proteins and various thickeners, sugars, coloring etc.
  • curds
    Options
    LOL, okay then I will just stay away from it all together thanks!
  • swimswimmerswim
    swimswimmerswim Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try Turkish yoghurt instead. :-) it's thicker and fattier but is so good, I take instead a little less.
  • curds
    Options
    I love yoghurt! If I could find it here I would try it! I will just stick with the normal yoghurt till my options increase!