Fat Shredder macros question!

Options
Hey peeps.

Quick story short. I am 145, skinny but have some fat to get rid of. I want to go into a fat shredder phase for about 2 weeks...

How should my macros look like?

I am doing P90X and it says that it should be 50p/30c/20f but getting so much protein is a little hard... Would a 40/30/30 do the trick?

I hope to God someone with knowledge is reading this and can help.. I don't want to have to ask in the disrespectful Bodybuilding dot com forum.

Replies

• baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    yes, it will work if u are in a calorie deficit. most experts would recommend 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. but that is for optimal benefits in advance strength/muscle building athletes. ur macros will work! good luck!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    You don't need to be...and probably should not be...following the P90X diet in order to see results from doing the P90X exercises. It is just exercise, no different from other exercise, and therefore a sensible diet, no different from other diets, will work just fine.

If your goal is to lose body fat, then the calorie deficit is what matters anyway. Make sure you are eating enough to fuel your workouts and are still in a deficit from your TDEE. That's what really matters.

As far as macros, the P90X diet is all jacked up anyway. Nobody needs to change their macros once a month, especially to the crazy extremes they outline. It's utter nonsense.

For lean muscle retention in a deficit or gain in a surplus, just eat a minimum of 1 gram of protein per pound lean body mass. For healthy organ functions, eat a minumum of 0.35 grams of dietary fat per pound of total body weight. The rest of the calories can be whatever you want. I prefer to set them as carbs in my diary, but I keep in mind that it is perfectly OK to get in the red with protein and fat and perfectly OK to stay green in carbs. The protein and fat goals are minimums and you need to eat at least that amount, but it doesn't matter if you go over them. Carbs give you energy, and you can guage how many you personally need based on your own results after your protein and fat goals have been met.