calorie cycling

Options
2»

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think it is extremely helpful. Go to this link, you can put in your details and it will give you an example of calories needed to cycle.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
  • tjptaylor
    tjptaylor Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes -- Its been a sucessful plan for me. I googled Zig Zag dieting and found tons of information.
  • misc02u
    misc02u Posts: 25
    Options
    take your weekly total (1200 per day times 7 days.= 8400 calories)
    As long as you total that at the end of the week you should be OK. 1100 one day-1300 the next.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I am on day 10 of a low glycemic plan that purposly cycles calories up and down day by day. I get in approx 1150 to 1400 calories each day. I have been exercising every day, mostly walking and jogging for about 45 minutes, then sometimes another 30 minutes on my stationary bike in the evening in front of the tv.
    I HAVE LOST 7 LBS IN 10 DAYS! I have not had these type of results before . . . oh . . . we also eat completely clean in our house so every calorie is all natural/organic/homemade too. Absolutely nothing processed goes into this body!

I now truly beleive this approach and will continue this way for a long time, of course shaking things up on occassion to keep my body "guessing".

Can I ask what plan you are on?? :flowerforyou:

It is actually a "plateau breaker" plan that my Mom got through Herbal Magic. I have tweaked it to only include "clean" foods but made sure they were similar on the glycemic index as the original item and am following it otherwise. There are a few days that I have been a bit hungry but with snacks (which are predominately fruit) it has been plenty of food!
    I can type it out if you would like too . . . . .
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Interesting... how does this work if my calorie intake is supposed to be 1200 each day? I know I'm not supposed to go below that for the day, so adding more on other days would result in a surplus for the week... thoughts?

Some days eat more of your exercise calories . . . .
  • ccgisme
    ccgisme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am going to try this.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think it is extremely helpful. Go to this link, you can put in your details and it will give you an example of calories needed to cycle.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Thanks the link is very helpful in understanding how this works!!