What would you choose from this menu?

Options
Hey everyone

I need your help again! Here's the menu I'll be having to choose from: http://www.tabletable.co.uk/static/menus/main_menu.pdf

Can you suggest the best dish from the main menu? (Page 2 on the pdf)

Thank you as always!! :)

Replies

• Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I would choose the Hot Smoked Salmon Salad, dressing on the side. :)
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    The only thing I see that would be remotely decent is the 7 oz filet steak. I would eat about half of that and skip the chunky chips.
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    roast loin of pork, skip the yorkshire pudding -- looks to be the most satisfying meal that is also rich in nutrients...woulld probably keep me going for half the day.
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I usually cop out with a salad when I am unsure...lol. There are TOO mandy tempting things on that menu! haha
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Why not do appetizers? The chicken and pepper kabobs (sauce on the side) and/or the prawns look delicious! Save those extra calories for a pint! :)
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Wow there is close to nothing you can choose from. I would say the salmon salad. Ask if they have a vin. dressing.
  • cileee21
    cileee21 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I didn't see too many healthy options at this restaurant. I would most likely go for the grilled chicken fajitas, but would ask them to go light on the spices to keep sodium content down and light on the cheese, and also serve it with just the salsa. No guacamole or sour cream.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    few suggestions:
    starter menu
    chicken/pepper skewers with a house salad (dressing on side) and/or veggies
    or butterflied king prawns without the garlic butter ask them to grill without the "sauce" with house salad and/or veggies
    prawn cocktail w/salad/veggies

pub classics w/twist
    chicken fajitas without sour cream and/or cheese (or very lightly added) eat half and dont use the toritllas
    or the 6oz burger w/veggies/salad
    or the steak w/veggies/salad...

ask for all "toppings" on the side

you have several very good choices...
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    *Half Roasted Chicken, no chips & mixed salad
    *Chicken Fajitas, no sour cream, no cheese (use a little guacamole for good fats)
    * 7oz filet or sirloin (eat your own portion), no chips, mixed salad or ask for steamed veggies
    *Grilled Salmon Fillet salad - ask for mixed greens instead of Caesar, dressing on the side
  • IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I would have the Grilled Salmon Fillet Caesar Salad with the dressing on the side. I think that's a fabulous choice! :tongue: Enjoy!
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    I usually cop out with a salad when I am unsure...lol. There are TOO mandy tempting things on that menu! haha

Salads can sometimes be just as bad or worse. Chili's Quesadilla Explosion is over 1400 calories. Granted when I ordered it I knew it wasn't the 'best' choice but I NEVER thought it would be that bad.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Just want to add that Caesar dressings can be among the worst... sub for another dressing.
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Salads are fine, go with the salmon salad...no cheese, no dressing...ask for steamed or raw veggies for the salad.

I eat my salads with just a little bit of balsamic vinegar (NO oil).

Any "salad" from Chili's is going to be ridiculous. Next time just go for the grilled chicken sandwich without the bun and have the slice of cheese. Mixed salad on the side....no dressing.
  • millymoo81
    millymoo81 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'd be getting the smallest steak!

I tend to then top heaps of black pepper on my chips so I don't get tempted to pick at them :)
  • dore0021
    dore0021 Posts: 137
    Options
    I'd have the chicken fajitas, I'd ask them to bring only 1 tortilla. And after I was done eating that I would just munch on the chicken, onions and veggies :-)
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    the chicken and pepper skewers or the shrimp cocktail. I wouldn't eat the sauce with the skewers just pepper and maybe some lemon. :)
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Quorn chili (Guessing on that once since I know Quorn is veggie/soy but I don't know the nutrition information)

Fajitas (don't eat many tortillas) with no cheese or sour cream

Vegetable Lasagna with Mixed Salad (it has cheese, but if it looks like a lot, just eat half)

Bacon/Cheese chicken breast (ask for plain chicken breast) with jacket potato and salad

Chicken/Pepper skewers (from the appetizers) look good as well... pair with a healthy soup if you think that won't fill you up? (I know that here I can usually order an appetizer as a meal)
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Nothing I like better than a really good steak. I would go for the 8 oz, ask for a take home container, cut the steak in half and bring it home to slice down the next day for a sandwich!
  • bellastella86
    bellastella86 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the chicken/pepper skewers (with BBQ sauce if you have to have sauce) and a side salad. Just make sure the side salad isn't covered in cheese/croutons/creamy dressing.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Ooo! I love menu challenges.

I think there is plenty to choose from on this menu. One thing that I've learned is that you can politely ask to have slight alterations made to an item and most places will be happy to oblige. Sometimes it might cost a little extra but if the place flat out refuses, I they won't get my business again.

Personally, I would probably go for the 8oz sirloin and instead of the chips, ask to substitute a side salad with oil and vinegar on the side. If they won't do a substitute, then just tell them not to bring the chips. Why douse them with pepper or have them sitting there to tempt you when the kitchen can just not waste them in the first place? Order a side salad if you think that the 4oz of steak and veggies might not be enough.

I think the chicken and pepper skewers are also a great option. I would probably skip the sauce and still get a side salad with just oil and vinegar.