Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

wii games

Good day everyone, can anybody recommend some good calorie burning games for the wii, ive got the wii fit board . are they any dancing type games etc. Ive finally got my wii back out a year after moving house lol. tia x

Replies

• sylnova
    sylnova Posts: 100 Member
    Hi! I use WiiFit plus when I can't go out running or on rest days. I got a sort of stool to raise the balance boardo to the height of a regular step and I usually do 10 minute super hula hop + 10 minute boxe + step dance: it makes about a half hour routine for 100 something calories.

I also have EA Sport Active 2. This one is tougher and burns more calories. I combined all of the step routines in one for about 40 minutes exercise. It's fun!
  • tdfarmer
    tdfarmer Posts: 176 Member
    There are several wii dancing games, I also have my shape which uses camera and make you get form right, tbeds is zumba, I also have several of the wij active sport game, wii active football boot cap is very good.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Hi! I use WiiFit plus when I can't go out running or on rest days. I got a sort of stool to raise the balance boardo to the height of a regular step and I usually do 10 minute super hula hop + 10 minute boxe + step dance: it makes about a half hour routine for 100 something calories.

I also have EA Sport Active 2. This one is tougher and burns more calories. I combined all of the step routines in one for about 40 minutes exercise. It's fun!

Is Active 2 good then? I have the first one and am thinking of getting #2.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Is Active 2 good then? I have the first one and am thinking of getting #2.

Version 2 is much better. You don't need to hold the controller for most exercises. There are a few exercises that have issues with the motion sensors but it wasn't a huge problem, just a minor annoyance. Overall it was a good program for us.
  • Elphaba91
    Elphaba91 Posts: 66 Member
    Zumba!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    we have just dance and dance dance revolution. they are both old enough you can get them pretty cheap from ebay or craig's list.
    just dance uses the controller and you move your hands more.
    DDR has an option to use the controller, but we don't. I prefer it though. i think i'm getting more of a burn moving my legs more.
    i also find it easier to follow along doing arrows than just dance.
    DDR uses dance mats, but they aren't expensive on ebay.
    they both have options to show how much calorie burning is going on.

really, the best one to get is whatever is fun for you. that's the one you'll keep doing.
  • sdbart
    sdbart Posts: 189 Member
    Zumba!

YES!!!!:love::smooched: :flowerforyou:
  • thankyou so much ,ive got just dance 3 and zumba, cant wait to use them x