Is this enough?

bmconner4
bmconner4 Posts: 8 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi! Im new here and have a quick question about my workout schedule...

I am a single mom to a 6 month old baby so my time to workout is limited. My baby girl is a handful, to say the least. I have been doing really well counting calories for about 2 weeks now. This week I just started working out again at the gym here at work. I go on my lunch break. Here is my schedule:
Monday-Rhythm Nation (Zumba-type class)
Tuesday- Cardio Fusion (45 minutes of straight cardio)
Wednesday- Butt &Gutt (little cardio, lots of reps working abs and booty)
Thusday- Totally Step (self explanitory)
Friday-Yoga

All the classes are 45 minutes. And Im not really sure what I will be doing on the weekends. Any tips or suggestions. I still have 28 pounds until I am back to pre-pregnancy weight.

Replies

• melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    I think that sounds great! (Definitely more than I could do!) For the weekend, I'd keep it pretty simple since you are doing so much during the week. Put baby in a stroller and take a walk one day over the weekend. She'll love it (if she stays awake) and you'll get a break and some exercise too. Take the other day off. And be sure to make time to eat on those lunch breaks!
  • hymiesmom
    hymiesmom Posts: 76
    WOW...you sound like me! I do my workouts on my lunch hour, too! I haven't been too consistant lately....

Your schedule looks awesome! My only suggestion would be to maybe switch out the step class for some strength training. Use some free weights or somthing.

Keep it up and you'll be back into pre baby weight in no time! Congrats on the little one!
  • All I can say is be good to your gallbladder anyone that wants to loose weight! consult a doctor and they can help u loose baby weight. My son was 4 months when i found out that i had gallstones and they doc said i had lost baby weight to fast i was 236 when delivered and 125 at the time i was diagnosed. i applaud all who are trying to loose its very healthy but dont starve or do excessive gym and weight training right after birth. Give it time eat a balanced meal and light cardio to let your bodies heal then go into hardcore work out. good luck everyone. O by the way i have 2 children oldest is 7 and it took me 2 yr to get to prepreg weight. then gained again with daughter am back to normal now shes 4. So take it easy and it will happen!
  • bmconner4
    Thanks! Im feeling very motivated lately. I was in a slump since her daddy decided to bail on us when she was 2 months. But I am more than ready to get my life back!

She loves her stroller and being outside so hopefully its nice this weekend so we can go for a stroll.

And for lunch I have been doing a ham or turkey sandwich and fruit. Something quick =)
  • bmconner4
    Thanks! Im feeling very motivated lately. I was in a slump since her daddy decided to bail on us when she was 2 months. But I am more than ready to get my life back!

She loves her stroller and being outside so hopefully its nice this weekend so we can go for a stroll.

And for lunch I have been doing a ham or turkey sandwich and fruit. Something quick =)
  • AbiLuV
    AbiLuV Posts: 47
    You could go for a nice long brisk walk with that beautiful baby girl of yours! Or look for a mommy and me work out video.
  • dclarsh1
    dclarsh1 Posts: 83
    Looks like the only thing you're missing is upper body strength training... chest, back, shoulders and arms. I would add one half hour session per week doing that, and then it looks like you've got a pretty well rounded routine.
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 376 Member
    Whoa! That's a lot of exercise-you are motivated! Good luck with the baby weight....I just got it off, and mine just hit 18 months. :-)
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    That is a remarkable amount of exercise for someone with a baby. I am impressed you are looking at 5 days of this! I can't imagine you are trying to add the weekends in too, but more power to you!
  • yazi_livefit
    yazi_livefit Posts: 51 Member
    Your schedule seems pretty hectic but workout is definitely a must to lose weight. You should add some strength training to burn more muscle mass as this will in return burn more calories. On weekends put your major muscle groups to rest and add a stroller walk (you can add this as exercise), or if it is too hot outside, do a workout video while your little one is taking a nap. Anyways seems like you are doing great and keep it up, you will see the progress soon.
  • yazi_livefit
    yazi_livefit Posts: 51 Member
    Oh one more thing, for lunch, try not to eat the same stuff every day, give your body some variety. Also, make sure you stuff your lunch box with plenty of healthy snacks. Eating small meals/snacks every 3 hours will boost your metabolism and allow you to burn more fat-faster. Try to limit fruits as they are very high in sugars and snack on some veggies ;)
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Looks good, I'd just suggest taking the butt & gutt day & making it a total body strength day. A total body circuit routine would fit great there.
This discussion has been closed.