Potential injury?

Options
jdp21
jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
Okay, so, I had another topic elsewhere regarding weight-lifting, but this seems to be a separate topic.

I start lifting weights again last week. Naturally, the pain ensued. Muscle tissue tearing, all that stuff. The last muscles I worked out where my biceps, and they were obviously quite sore. In fact, so sore that I couldn't even quite straight either of my arms. Well, it's been a few days now, and my left arm seems to have fully healed, and while it's still a tiny bit sore when I straighten it, it's no big deal. However, with my right arm, I can't seem to fully straighten it at all, and I can only seem to do so if I push down on my forearm with my left arm. And it is quite sore still.

Seeing as how my left arm seems to have fully healed and I have not felt much progress with my right arm, I'm just beginning to get concerned about it. Has this ever happened to you? And, if so, did it go away, or should I go see a doctor? Thanks.

I only ask instead of going to just see one because I hate doctors and I find more often than not when the day of my appointment comes, my issue has been resolved and I no longer need them as much.

Replies

• keithinphilly
    Options
    hey, it happened to me once, i tried to lift more tham i could handle, i was sore for about a week, then i did light 5lb bumbells to ease it back, it hurt but it worked for me, and stayed off heavy lifting for 2 weeks, it may or work for u or may not, just wanted to say i've been there..
  • Moolieloo
    Moolieloo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If you're right-handed, maybe you unconsciously worked that arm harder. It has happened to me several times. I would give it a few days and see if it gets better.
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I am right-handed, yes. Haha.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    If it's bothersome, call your doc