Carbs water weight and weight gain

Options
Katiedxxxx
Katiedxxxx Posts: 23 Member
Had a bad weekend with food especially chocolate and carbs am gained 6lb but does anyone know why I am drinking tons of water since back eating clean but not going to wee it's holding all the water I am drinking? I was told to drink loads of water to help flush out all the sodium and carbs I would have eaten this weekend but its not going anywhere just making me bloat with all this water! I usually follow a lowish carb diet so this weekend I did not would that have anything to do with the water storing x

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    So you have been drinking a lot of water and have the inability to go to the bathroom? I'd recommend visiting a doctor.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    sounds like your body's refilling your glycogen stores, which is a good thing (water is stored with glycogen). This shouldn't result in feeling bloated though, as the stores are in your liver and muscles. So maybe the bloating is psychological. If it's not, then maybe it's something else.

Not all water retention is bad, having a decent amount of glycogen in your body is a good thing.
  • Katiedxxxx
    Options
    Maybe going from low carb to a "carb filled" weekend is causing all water to stick to glycogen then! Bloated may be caused through the carb foods a ate as not used to anything over 50g a day c
  • wmagoo27
    wmagoo27 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Reintroducing carbs after a low carb diet causes water retention, sometimes called carb bloat. Drink some coffee or some other diuretic and give it a few days. If you go back low carb, it should be gone in under a week.
  • Katiedxxxx
    Options
    The weight gain or the water? Xx