p90x meal plan questions

Options
I'm new to the site...first day. On saturday I will finish phase 1 of the p90x workout plan...However I kind of half assed it on the phase 1 nutrition plan...I had a protein shake, protein bar and recover drink...which is all I would have up until about 1 pm...But my mid afternoon snack eventually became a fold over ham sandwich (one slice of bread with mustard and 98% fat free ham) I cheated on 2 dinners this week other than that I've done ok. To keep from going crazy, I do not diet on Friday night or anytime on saturday. However I'm careful not to increase what I used to eat on saturdays before I started this program. I do my diet mostly from Sunday night until Friday afternoon. I've been reading up on phase 2 of the nutrition plan and it looks like I'll be able to follow this one much better. My question is...Am I a hopeless cause because of my failure in phase 1, or is there still hope for me? I've only lost 2 lbs. in phase 1 but I'm noticing my mid section is smaller. I'm not looking to be superman, just tone up and get a little shape to my frame. I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you in advance for your help.

Replies

• mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am on week 7 of P90x and I do not follow their diet this time around. As of this morning I have lost 19.1 lbs just doing P90x and using MFP to count my calories. So I don't think you are doing a bad thing. Just be careful on the days you dont "diet" and keep pressing play on the P90x. It is a wonderful program and worth every penny and sore muscle :smile:
  • kk_stephens
    kk_stephens Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Never say that you are a failure. The only failure are those that dont even try. Although you may not have followed the plan 100% to a T you awere able to stick with it and still continued to watch what you ate.

Shoot 00 I have even heard Tony Horton say that showing up is half the battle. You are doing fine....jsut keep sticking with it.
  • hispanicangel
    Options
    follow the worksheet to track your foods u know the one thats in the book. make sure u get all those in. if your crashing theres something your missing. i had the same problem try not to focus weight but inches. buy a caliper at your local gnc and watch the inches drop. your only just started so hang in and give it time. dont cheat on fridays till sundays that bad! like Tony would say lol thats when we tend to not track what we eat. Keep pushing play and good luck
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    With only 17 lbs to lose, the Phase 2 meal plan is a good starting point for you.
  • p90xokc
    p90xokc Posts: 66
    Options
    All of these replies have been great. I'm sold on this website. I only have 17 lbs. to lose if I get the definition I'm looking for, if not, I may need to adjust my goal. Everyone in here is free to add me as a friend or I will add all of you in a bit. I'd like to keep in touch with the people who have replied so far if it's alright with all of you. I'm ready for phase 2. Going to finish strong with Core Synergistics tomorrow and Yoga on Saturday. Off to the grocery store for Phase 2 foods.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    This is a very supportive thread for P90X users if you would like to join us there

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/90538-join-me-in-a-round-of-p90x-beginning-4-26-10