Replies

• goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    nice!! NEVERRRRRRRRRR
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    If you can limit yourself to a reasonable serving of the stuff, you're a stronger person than I am. :drinker:
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is... Get the single serving Nutella with breadsticks. It's yummy, and just enough for a craving without the temptation to eat the whole jar. They just put it out and my friends are already raving about it, I had one this weekend, it was perfect...
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    If it fits your macros, I say go for it. Then again, I don't track/control sugar and I know others do. I'm not worried about the hazelnuts in it but you might want to keep an eye on the refined sugar aspect. Up to you.

Also keep in mind willpower. Are you able to have just 20g or will having that cause you to have another 900 calorie episode? There are some things I stopped keeping in the house because 1 serving was fine but I never ate just 1 (example: oreos)
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I buy chocolate-flavored peanut butter instead.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly, I've had a jar of the stuff in my cabinet for about a month now, and it's only half gone. I guess I would rather eat actual food now than waste 100 calories per tablespoon of it, but when I have calories left at the end of my day, I will have a tablespoon or 2. I like to put it in a mini bowl and put it in the microwave for 20 seconds and then dip a banana in it :love: It's got a lot of fat, but it's mostly the good kind, so as long as it fits in your macros, go for it. Just maybe next time try not to have 900 calories worth!
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is... Get the single serving Nutella with breadsticks. It's yummy, and just enough for a craving without the temptation to eat the whole jar. They just put it out and my friends are already raving about it, I had one this weekend, it was perfect...

These have been out for a year or so where I'm from!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your calories and macros, you should eat and enjoy it.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with having a small amount every day. The problem with Nutella is that people believe it's healthy, or a healthy substitute for peanut butter. There's almost nothing nutritional about it, but should be considered a treat. Go for it ;-)
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Nutella jars just beg me to dip my finger in and lick it clean.

yup, these b*stards are tempting.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It's no worse than any other chocolate.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want, whenever you want in moderation. So a serving of Nutella per day will be fine as long as it does fit into your calorie/nutrient goals.

Plus, Nutella tastes great.
  • GinJon
    GinJon Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I am glad to see that I am not the only one that can't eat just one serving. I :heart: Nutella!
  • isazzzz
    isazzzz Posts: 95
    Options
    IIFYM!

do not stress about that 20g, just fit it in your macros and you're fine :)
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    If you can work it in, no problem. Personally, I prefer hazelnut nut butter + chocolate to nutella both for taste and for satiety, but that's just me ;P Oh, and if you add mascarpone cheese and fruit ... mmmm.

*not fat* and happy all night.
  • ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I saw a video of a guy eating an entire jar on youtube so it cant be THAT bad....
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I have a saved recipe in my files.

"Peanut butter and nutella on a baby spoon, 10 grams". That's so I can count the spoons. Of course, I had to practice knowing what 10 grams looks like with my digital scale. Had to lick every spoon clean so I could start over and get an accurate measurement.

I do eat it withnPB, because it's yummy. It actually cured me of Reese PB cup addiction because I prefer nutella to the chocolate and natural PB to any other kind. Then I had to scale back on the PB-Nutella. Also, I hope the PB slows the sugar absorption from the nutella.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    its not bad becasue of the calories. its bad becasue I will down that **** in one sitting
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I love to finger Nutella's jar whenever I get my hands on it.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    which is that i raped the nutella jar and had 170 GRAMS of it, which is 900 kcal and 58g fat

epic. you are my hero.

and yah, you can eat nutella. just not the whoe jar every day, lol.