40 lbs down! Progress pics!

Options
christa96
christa96 Posts: 153 Member
I was going through some old pics and found one that made me think, "Wow, that's what I really looked like?!?" I'm that person that never kept those pictures that were not flattering. Luckily, I did find this one to use as a comparison photo. The first picture was taken in July, 2011. The second was taken this past weekend, May, 2013. Yes, my progress has taken two years but slower is better and I've kept it off. With that being said, never give up! I make bad decisions food wise every week and kick myself but I pick myself up and move forward. I'm not going to not enjoy life! Moderation is key! Exercise is key! I'm not done with my journey yet but honestly, when does it ever end?

fat2_zps8397484e.jpg

photo-2_zps1d05fe31.jpg

Replies

• 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Oh wow!!! You look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • christa96
    Options
    My main reason for posting this is to remind myself just how far I have come and to not get so frustrated with the little things every week! Also, as a reminder that I'm not going to let myself go back to that unhealthy me!
  • MrsSausage58
    MrsSausage58 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! :bigsmile:
  • nrbrake
    nrbrake Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! So needed to see this today!!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you start at? Height?

Keep up the good work!
  • hinzee4
    hinzee4 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! The hard work has paid off!!!
  • suzanne_oh
    suzanne_oh Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My main reason for posting this is to remind myself just how far I have come and to not get so frustrated with the little things every week! Also, as a reminder that I'm not going to let myself go back to that unhealthy me!

I can relate, maybe I need to do the same thing. I lost 24 lbs. before joining MFP last June. I've had ups and downs throughout the last 11 months and have lost another 13 lbs. for a total of 37 lbs. overall. I'm down 3 pants sizes, but sometimes I get discouraged with the scale and mirror. It is tough because of the time and effort it is taking to get where I want to be.

Thanks for sharing and reminding me that it is a process.
  • jennietaylor92
    jennietaylor92 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just joined myfitnesspal and this was great for me to see today. You look GREAT!! :happy:
  • kizzyb1977
    kizzyb1977 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic!
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Wow - Excellent progress - slow is good and better in my opinion. Congratulations!:flowerforyou:
  • jesskreg
    jesskreg Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Your story is very similar to mine! I started about two years ago and have lost about 50 lbs so far. My is to lose 65 lbs, but your right, does it really end? Great progress so far! You look great! :)
  • jgrodzicki
    jgrodzicki Posts: 83
    Options
    WooHoo!! This is just AWESOME Christa :) I knew you were doing really well - but this comparison shot speaks volumes! Super proud of you!! <3
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Wow Great job! As you keep this to remind you of where you don't want to go back to... I keep looking at my wedding photos and how thin I was as a reminder that I can get back there again!
  • verasdaughter
    verasdaughter Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You look great! and on a different note. GO CARDS!!! LOL
  • christa96
    Options
    @suzanne- It absolutely is a process! I try to not focus on the scale. I started lifting in January and my body weight has shifted. I am only down 10lbs since January but I definitely have more muscle and I love it! Keep going!
  • MrsDudley2002
    MrsDudley2002 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is awesome, Christa!!!!! Way to go!!!! You look amazing!!!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hotness! You aren't even in form fitting clothing and you can tell that you have an amazing body :bigsmile:.

You must feel SO good about what you've accomplished!!
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Nice work!!!!!!!! You look great!!
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of your progress and the changes you have obviously made to your lifestyle. Slow sustained loss is better than quick loss without real changes to your lifestyle. i am a testament to that trend -- I wound up gaining all the weight back because I didn't really change.

Good for you!!
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Minus that Cardinals jersey, you look great! (sorry but Go Cubs! =P)
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!