Better results with 1 program or several activities?

Options
I've been doing Insanity for 3 months now. I completed the program and restarted it over. My question is this...before Insanity, I would go on weekend bike rides, I have a treadmill I jog on (or outside), and I also have a circuit training weight lifting machine. Long story short, I bike, jog, walk, lift weights, swim in the summer, and did Insanity. My question is this...do you get better results from sticking to one program and busting some a** or do you switch up your workouts and do some of everything?
I'm starting back from surgery and trying to figure out what I want to do. I would like to lose about 15-20 more pounds and tone up what I have already. Any thoughts? :)

Replies

• curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Kinda depends on your goals, but in the bigger picture it doesn't matter much assuming you are putting in the same effort.

IMO, most people will naturally back off the intensity a bit if they stick with the same program... they won't increase intensity (be it speed, weight, whatever) as fast as their body improves to maintain that same level of intensity.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Kinda depends on your goals, but in the bigger picture it doesn't matter much assuming you are putting in the same effort.

IMO, most people will naturally back off the intensity a bit if they stick with the same program... they won't increase intensity (be it speed, weight, whatever) as fast as their body improves to maintain that same level of intensity.

So then it kind of sounds like change it up some, so you give it your all each time then...