INSANITY DVD

Options
I just wanted to know if someone has already used Insanity dvds to work out? I just hit the plateau
where I need to push myself more to lose weight. It's pretty pricey but I want to know if it's worth it.
Any help? Also can someone recommend me a good heart rate monitor???? =D

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    YES! There is a bunch on here doing or have done the series!! Come join us on the thread called Insanity?-part7 by ripely36. We are are a fun and supportive group! Hope to see ya there!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I was looking into Insanity also, and I decided to go ahead and buy it. I'm almost done with ChaLean Extreme (which I LOVE by the way) and was wanting a new program to start.. but I am curious about what others think of it.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    This IS a kick you *kitten* workout! THere is no doubt about it, it burns serious calories and there is a food guide program to follow!! So far it is the best cardio conditioning you can buy!! Chalene is putting out Turbo Fire , coming soon and that will be my next purchase. I have done Insanity, P90X and now on my last month of Insanity again!! It is sooo much harder to stay in shape as I age! :huh: Best wishes and once again I invite you to the Insanity thread started by ripely36!!
    I truly think anybody watching calories and working out NEED to invest in a good HRM. I am using the Polar F11, the chest/wrist monitor to get YOUR readings not going by MFP or a fitness machines guesstimates!!
  • oaker
    oaker Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Insanity is probably the hardest/toughest cardio workout on dvd. It will push you til you drop. I made it thru the first 30 days and had enough. Went back to p90x for the strength exercises. Don't just step into this program cause you will more than likely fail because it is TOUGH. I was in very good shape when I tried it ( a bit old of course) and it kicked my butt.