eating right on a business trip

Options
amysj303
amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
I have to be in a hotel room, and in training for the week of June 7-11. I have a mini-fridge (not sure about a freezer) and microwave but no kitchen or car. Any tips on what to pick up that will keep me from ordering pizza every night?

Replies

• IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Chicken Caesar Salads. You can put them away in your fridge and then heat up the chicken separately and add it to your salad. Dressing on the side - so your salad doesn't get soggy :wink:
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd get some lunch meat, bread, and avocado. :) But that's just me.

But, yeah. Try sandwiches. (Not for the entire week, but maybe for a day or two.)
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    You could have lots of fresh veggies & fruit for snacks, sushi is a healthy option for dinner out or maybe even delivery. There is always salad and sandwhiches of course. Greek yogurt is a good snack that also has protein. Cheese sticks as well. Maybe even some whole grain crackers like the whole grain wheat thins. Sorry so scatterbrained. Can you tell I am hungry and ready for lunch?
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    If it were me and I had to pack and bring it with me I would go with oatmeal, the tuna meal single packets (comes with mayo, relish and crackers) and maybe a single serving of raviolis...3 nights right?
  • shalma
    shalma Posts: 80
    Options
    I have brought instant oatmeal and used the coffee machine for hot water. I always bring tuna salad lunch kits.
  • dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    Options
    I love "smart ones" bistro dinners. If you have a freezer and microwave you are set. I was traveling a couple of weeks ago and that worked out well. Also fruit and/or oatmeal in the morning.
  • dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    Options
    I love "smart ones" bistro dinners. If you have a freezer and microwave you are set. I was traveling a couple of weeks ago and that worked out well. Also fruit and/or oatmeal in the morning.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Thanks, good suggestions, keep em coming. I have actually 5 nights, I'll get in on Sunday night and leave Friday evening. I won't have a car and the nearest grocery is a mile away but I should be able to get there once for some fruit, maybe sandwich/salad fixings.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I have a similar problem coming up except all my meals are provided for as part of the training. Ihave to be social. So, I am planning on working out at the gym in the hotel, having a light breakfast and hoping for the best with the other meals.

When I travel and the meals are provided for, I bring oatmeal and tea and use the room coffee pot. Lunches I try for something simple like cheese and fruit and dinner I try to be social with others around.

Have fun. Where is your training? Mine is in Las Vegas.
  • amysj303
    Options
    In Phoenix! I will be in Vegas this weekend for a friend's birthday. I like Vegas. Maybe I should read the fine print and see if any meals are provided.
    Have fun!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    In Phoenix! I will be in Vegas this weekend for a friend's birthday. I like Vegas. Maybe I should read the fine print and see if any meals are provided.
    Have fun!

Pheonix is great. Every time I have been there, there is so much just around the hotel. I never had to go very very far. The public transportation isn't bad either, so you can hop on a bus to get some places also.