Under 150 for first time since 1990's!

Options
UPDATE: 15lbs in 75 days. Broke the 150 mark this morning.

I seem to lose for a week, plateau for a week to ten days, then start losing again.

Started at 165, in three weeks I was at 157, stayed there for ten days then over a week dropped to 153, stayed there for another week including a brief cold, recovered and dipped below 152, there for ten more days and then started dropping again in the last two days.

I'm three pounds from my new improved goal, which will be a 10% loss of total body. Which I didn't realize I had. But I remember weighing in at 147 when I ran a marathon . . . in 1995. Now I'm almost back to that, but without all the running.

Exercise only made me stronger. Using this tool and putting everything I eat into the iphone, is what finally worked to get thinner.

What gets measured, gets improved.

Keep going.

Replies

• coffeegirl1998
    coffeegirl1998 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats on breaking the mark...I can't wait to get there myself!!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • pipedoctor
    pipedoctor Posts: 7
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Repeat congratulations! ;)
    Your and my goals are both 147 lbs (puts me in the middle of a healthy BMI).
    I noted your patience during your plateaus. We all need to follow your example on that.
    Have fun! :drinker:
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    great work!!! Congratz!! :D
  • georgette70
    georgette70 Posts: 158
    Options
    Awesome!!! Congrats!! Looking forward to hitting that goal as well! Keep up the good work! :smile:
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    congratulations!!!!!! interesting to hear about your plateaus, I seem to have the same situation with losing and plateaus! Thank you for sharing and FANTASTIC work!
  • sslopez24
    sslopez24 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: 15lbs in 75 days. Broke the 150 mark this morning.

I seem to lose for a week, plateau for a week to ten days, then start losing again.

Started at 165, in three weeks I was at 157, stayed there for ten days then over a week dropped to 153, stayed there for another week including a brief cold, recovered and dipped below 152, there for ten more days and then started dropping again in the last two days.

I'm three pounds from my new improved goal, which will be a 10% loss of total body. Which I didn't realize I had. But I remember weighing in at 147 when I ran a marathon . . . in 1995. Now I'm almost back to that, but without all the running.

Exercise only made me stronger. Using this tool and putting everything I eat into the iphone, is what finally worked to get thinner.

What gets measured, gets improved.

Keep going.

This is awsome!!
    I started in March as well at 167lbs. I am having trouble staying in the 150's. I stay in my 1200calorie goal a day and excersise 4 days on treadmill and burn about 600 calories and the other 3 days I go to a bootcamp class for an hour. :grumble: I would love to know what your eating and how your exercising to see how I can maybe modify what I am doing to help me start losing again! :smile:
    90066 Posts: 24
    Options
    Important point about the plateaus. I don't feel like I did anything different to start them or break them. The truth is you just have to keep going and keep improving and they break on their own.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!