Why am I feeling so tired?

Options
Can anyone tell me why I'm feeling so tired? And I have trouble concentrating too.

I get my 8 hours sleep in the evenings, but wake up more tired than before I started exercising! I go to the gym 4 days a week, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I do an average of 35 minutes cardio and maybe some strength training. I eat something small every 3 hours (healthy foods) but don't limit myself too much over weekends. I've lost 2kg after starting my new healthy eating lifestyle and exercising about 4 weeks ago.

Any advice?

Replies

• groundhawg
    groundhawg Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? I know that seems counter intuitive but if you aren't eating enough to sustain your muscle gain during fat loss it can leave you tired. This was something I recently experienced. I have now started using a TDEE calculator to tell me how much I could eat instead of the My FitnessPal recommendation, because for weightlifting especially, they don't give you enough back.

If you've started a low-carb diet, or have done so unintentionally by eating better, this could leave you feeling tired. Drink some chicken brother and eat some more fruit. That often helps me.

And if none of the above works, make sure that you are getting enough Iron. Usually if you are eating healthy then the vitamins pretty much take care of themselves. But sometimes its worth looking into if you cant shake the sleepiness.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options
    I've noticed the same thing. I thought living a better lifestyle would make you feel better but I still feel like sht and tired all the time.
    For me, because I quit drinking coffee... I have a 5 hour energy shot almost everyday. Helps me get tons of house work done.
  • alicevick3
    alicevick3 Posts: 21
    Options
    Have you had a physical lately? Thyroid, low iron levels, several other medical factors could be the problem.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I get super tired after eating bread or super carby gluten stuff. Start logging your food and track how you feel after each food item.
  • mjanssen86
    mjanssen86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to feel this way too...as someone else mentioned, it could be your thyroid. I went to the doctor and found out I had a thyroid infection. It cleared up on its own in a matter of months. Also, I started taking prenatals and extra folic acid (in addition to the folic acid found in the prenatals), and that seemed to help perk me up as well. Good luck!

Also...drink lots and lots of water! Dehydration will make you feel fatigued in a hurry.
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Not a doctor or anything, so you should consult one, but you know, coffee is great for, like, all those things.