APPLE SHAPED FEMALE + WEIGHTS = ????

Options
Hi, feeling a lil blah today and would like to see some before and afters of WOMEN who are APPLE shaped and lift weights. An apple shaped is someone who carries weight in the bust and stomach area. I'm about to incorporate some LIFTING with my current exercise regimine and want some inspiration. also looking for more FRIENDS who LIFT. Thanks...

Replies

• MzOakland
    MzOakland Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm an Apple too :( so jealous if the curvy pear ladies....
  • bornleader79
    bornleader79 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump

apple shaped too would love to see some pics. I was told by a trainer that apple shaped should not lift heavy(upper body) but should definitely lift HEAVY on their (lower body)
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    bump

apple shaped too would love to see some pics. I was told by a trainer that apple shaped should not lift heavy(upper body) but should definitely lift HEAVY on their (lower body)

Honestly, I would fire that trainer immediately. That is horrible advice.

There is no reason why your body shape should stop you from doing upper body strength exercise.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    bump

Honestly, I would fire that trainer immediately. That is horrible advice.

There is no reason why your body shape should stop you from doing upper body strength exercise.
    ^^^ So very much this! Your fruit/body shape has nothing to so with it! I guess maybe I was an apple shape before? I have no pictures, I avoided the camera. My measurements were 42/37/44. Currently 36/27/36, and I owe much of my results to lifting. I'm not finished yet, I have about 15-20 left to lose. But here's a progress photo:
    5650072_6275.jpg
    I think lifting's been pretty beneficial to my waistline.
  • luckycross
    luckycross Posts: 6
    Options
    I also don't have any good befores and I'm not done yet, but I went from an apple to pear shape FROM lifting and lifting HEAVY. Give it a try, what do you have to lose but some body fat? :)