heard it all now

de1amo
de1amo Posts: 266 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
just been told by my wife who attends the same gym as me -all the instructors are saying i work too hard---cant win in this life!!

Replies

• bbblue92
    bbblue92 Posts: 108 Member
    Better than not working hard enough!!! :wink:
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    And I thought I had heard it all.!!:huh:
  • Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    I was in the emergency room once when the guy next to me thought he was having a heart attack. The doctor had him all hooked up to the monitors ...and was showing nothing at all. They asked what he had been doing differently that might have triggered it. He sat and thought about it for a while. He said, "I haven't been doing anything really. Yard work, working on my wife's car, working out....". The doctor asked him when his last work out was. He said it was about 6 hours ago. Doctor asked what the work out consisted of. He said he ran a couple miles then did 1000 push ups. The doctor asked WHY would you do 1000 push ups?? The guy said...just to see if I could. LOL They ran another blood test...his lactic acid count was higher than anybody had ever seen. The wanted to immediately hook him up to an IV to flush him out and admit for up to 3 days. He refused because he thought that was stupid to have to stay in the hospital for doing something healthy, that he could just drink more water and be fine. The doctor laughed at him and said, "well, when that lactic acid gets into your bloodstream, you will wish you really were having a heart attack, tough guy! See you in another 24 hours when you can't breathe or move at all...if it's not too late."

The guy left. The doctor walked out shaking his head, looked right at me and said "what an idiot". LOL

I thought it was hilarious!
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    What?! Really?! Oh man! That's just crazy talk!
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    You can certainly have too much of a good thing. Many folks only consider the exercise side of the equation without paying any attention to the recovery side of things.

That said, most trainers/instructors are completely ignorant, so giving weight to what they say is typically risky business.
  • gponter79
    gponter79 Posts: 124 Member
    Love that, great story
  • de1amo
    i am an Englishman abroad and i dont think people have the same drive in these hot places-i push myself but i wouldnt try 1000 push ups--i take my rest days--i am now eating more which gives me my energy--i tend to think the gym instructors arent particularly fit here---they tend to shout a lot and wave their arms about but they dont actually lead all the exercise themselves--dont let my wife let that know or i will be hung !!-i dont do any classes just cardio and weights but i observe and hear things!! they also eat loads of delivered pizzas and burger kings which loses them lots of credibility in my books f
  • mrsyatesy
    mrsyatesy Posts: 173
    Jealousy by any other name is still jealousy!! I often find people who criticise the effort you're putting in at the gym (whether classes, running, weights etc.) are those envious that they lack your motivation and drive.
    If you're body is happy and your mind is happy, let them say it, you know what's working!
  • disneyfetishboy
    disneyfetishboy Posts: 65 Member
    My wife has been telling me to stop losing weight because we can't afford to replace my wardrobe!

Now, that would be perfectly okay if she wasn't the one who kicked started me into finally losing weight in the first place.
  • de1amo
    i still have 4kgs to my goal weight and my wife is complaining i am too thin--the trouble is that i have made it a rapid transition and my clothes kind of swamp me now--i have gone from large to medium and can wear those slim fit tee-shirts that i looked fat in before---i get nothing but negativity!!!---my wife proclaims her losses but i am made to feel vilified for mine.
    i kicked my wifes 90pc dominance of our wardrobe space into touch because i will be needing new clothes soon!!--she moved her clothes into the spare room but my wardrobe is sparce with my fittable clothes selection -thank god where i live is cheap for clothes!-
    -i do wish i could get my wife and gym instructors to read your comments--thank you
This discussion has been closed.