Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Staying on track while eating out with friends

I'm kind of nervous about eating out with my friends when I'm traveling this weekend. They are very fond of rich fatty foods and I want to be strong to continue to meet my weight loss goals. Some strategies I have devised to help me continue to meet my goals are to familiarize myself with the restaurant menus and and know what I'm going to order before I get there, drink a full glass of water without ice before I take one bite, and to utilize the gym in the hotel to get a long workout in each day.

Does anyone else have any traveling and eating out with friends suggestions? I would greatly appreciate any tips or advice. Thanks!

Replies

• peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Sounds like a great plan. I ate out with friends on Saturday and must have looked a the online menu 10 times trying to decide what I could eat. You might also take along some healthy snacks just in case there are no good options. Clear soups (not cream) and salads without a lot of dressing and added fattening things like fried chicken bits, cheese, and eggs would be good.
  • Araminta13
    Araminta13 Posts: 27 Member
    Thanks for the suggestion! The healthy snacks are a great idea and I definitely will look for the best menu alternatives. I can carry some fruit in my purse as well since I carry a giant bag! :smile: