Hello I'm new

Options
Hello everyone

I just joined. Really need to lose 20kgs. My boyfriend recently proposed and we are now planning a wedding for next July. I have to make sure I look good in the dress. Plus today a woman on the public transport suggested that I should sit down because I am pregnant - I AM NOT PREGNANT!

Replies

• Paula_Addem
    Paula_Addem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!
    What a terrible feeling! :-S I am on a mission to get BACK to my wedding weight. We WILL do it! :)
    I've been here a month and this site is so motivating! It keeps me on track and I feel great!

GOOD LUCK!
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    People are awful and they judge too quickly! Don't let it get to you .. you can do it girl! Best of luck. Welcome!
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Well your goal is certainly attainable. And I'm sure looking good and your wedding dress and not being mistakenly thought of as pregnant are motivating... try to work up "whys" with more lasting substance.

Of course that should be accompanied with a well thought out plan of attack on the nutrition and exercise front, too.

If you have questions, let them rip! Best to you.
  • IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and I know the feeling :explode: But we'll be here to support you. I LOVE THIS WEBSITE AND ALL MY FRIENDS IN IT!! :love: Best of luck and I look forward to reading on your progress! :flowerforyou:
  • xxxaxlroseloverxxx
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement... im in the same boat... my boyfriend proposed to me 4 days ago.. hoping to get married next August, so really want to loose weight.. iv got 30pounds to loose.. iv lost 7 so far, so its going good. this website is full of helpful tips and really supportive people. makes it so much easier to loose the weight.
    GOOD LUCK on your weight loss journey :)
    x x x
  • Maslina
    Maslina Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks all for your lovely posts:) Already feeling better:)

MANY CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!!!!!!!
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Maslina! I too have heard the "pregnant" bit and that is no fun to get when you aren't pregnant. Good luck!