i need help.

Options
Ive tried dieting so many times and i just cant keep doing this to myself.
After i had my daughter i still havent lost much weight.!
I had a dream last night that i was complIning to an old friend abiut how i miss being skinny and healthy.
I woke up this morning and made a healthy breakfast..but now i have to keep this going. Ive been going on walks everynight but things are hard. My body is so out of wack im not able to do sit ups and certain excercises...help...add me

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    What is your diet and exercise plan like? How tall, and how much do you weigh?
  • yenilopez1985
    yenilopez1985 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    just sent you a request. I am just starting this journey as well, i started 2 weeks ago today, i have lost 3 pounds and today is my weigh in ( i hope i lost at least 1 more) it is hard the first few days specially if you do all the right things and see no result, but dont freak out it will happen!!. I just had a baby as well she is almost 5 months and am 13 pounds under my pre- pregnancy weight.
  • jules77az2004
    jules77az2004 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It's hard getting on track. I know how it feels to be limited in what you can and can not do. Especially when the things you can't do are affecting the body parts you want to change the most. :) If you want you can add me as a friend. I have my slip ups and have my bad days, but I always try to encourage and support the people I've added as friends. :) Good luck! :)
  • modestbug2010
    Options
    I really dont have a diet plan,i dont know how. Im 224 and 5'4
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Baby steps .... you made one healthy decision already today! 100% of your decisions don't have to be healthy ones .... just more healthy decision than not.

Getting back in shape is hard work .... it won't come all at once ... but you will improve... gradually. Re: abdominal exercises .... you might try "standing" abs to get you back into things ....http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/l/blstandingabworkout.htm
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Set goals. Small ones, middle of the road ones and long term ones. Then determine if they are reasonable. I want to lose 40lbs in 4 months is not reasonable. Losing 1-2 lbs a week AVERAGE, is reasonable. Then take each goal and make a plan. Don't make any one plan more than two items for now. You can have a goal of losing 40 lbs. and your first plan is to write down eveything that passes your lips, and walk for 30 min each day. Then when you have done this for 30 days add two more things of how you are going to get to that goal. I'm going to start taking two 30 min walks per day, and I'm going to limit my carbs to 60-80 carbs a day.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Re: diet plans .... I just started with eating more "whole foods" .... veggies, fruits and whole grains. Lean meats, lower fat dairy where I could & just started logging regularly. I cut out as much processed food as I could (I found lots of added sugar, low fiber, and fat... not the good kind). Logging will help you decide which foods are everyday, and which foods are "occasional" type foods.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Okie, so what is your daily calorie goal?

Your BMR (basal metabolic rate - energy you spend to breathe, think, digest food etc) is about 1850
    Your TDEE (Total daily energy expenditure - includes BMR + activity) works out about 2220

You should chop about 500 cals off (maybe a little more - no more than 800 or so) your TDEE and eat that every day, I think.