Fit Bit One v Fit Bit Zip

Options
momxs2
momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
I am planning on buying one of these and would like thoughts on each one...(just a FYI: sleep mechanism doesn't matter to me) Would love to hear pros and cons from anyone that has one or the other...

Thank you!

Replies

• acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have the One and love it. I stopped using the sleep monitor because I wasn't that interested in my sleep patterns. The one seems more streamlined for wearing under clothes and I prefer that! No complaints! Love it!
  • Ottinger13
    Ottinger13 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit One also and love it. Really gives me a true reading as to my activity level and lets me focus on being active.

I no longer guess at how many calories I burned lifting, walking, or biking, I know exactly and using that number helps me to stay in a calorie deficient and lets the weight come off.
  • johnp1732
    johnp1732 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I got the One recently and enjoy it.
    The details you get on the website (and phone) are nice for the nerd inside.
    I'm getting hung up on the whole calorie burn/bounce between here and on the fitbit though, but that's another topic.

I got it last Sunday. Started using it a week ago. The charge lasted until yesterday when it was about 1/2 charged mid day.

The sleep monitor was ok, but it measures the movement from your wrist, so if you swing your arm over to wrap around your SO, then that counts as 'being awake'. And if you flip over from side to side, you're counted as awake. It is kind of nice though to see how it says you were asleep for so many hours accurately.
  • Wolfe1759
    Wolfe1759 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have the Ultra (which is the precursor to the One, I think), and I bought the Zip for my partner.

The One and the Zip both sync with a USB dongle and wirelessly. The Zip is battery powered, while the One is rechargeable.

The One tracks calories, steps, distance, stairs and sleep, whereas the Zip tracks steps, distance and calories (but no sleep or stairs).

If sleep or stairs is important to you, definitely get the One. If having a rechargeable battery is important to you, get the One. If you only want to track steps, the Zip is fine. The extra $40 in price gets you two additional functions plus the recharging feature on the One, but only you can say whether the cost is worth the benefits.

Enjoy!
  • Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have the Zip and love it!!!!! I am extremely cheap lol and it does everything I need it to do.
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have the One and LOVE it! It is smaller than the Zip, tracks sleep & floors, and it also has a silent alarm which is great when you don't want to wake your partner or when you have to sleep with earplugs in but wouldn't be able to hear the alarm clock go off.
  • tstone212
    tstone212 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you are supposed to wear the One all the time, including while you sleep, when are you supposed to recharge the battery?
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I had the One for about 6 months and have the Zip now.

I recommend the Zip to everyone for these reasons:

1. The Sleep record is completely unreliable on the One. I never used it, left it on my dresser or in the charger overnight, and still constantly woke up with it having registered that I'd woken up frequently. I have no pets allowed in the bedroom at night, and I am not in an earthquake zone, so unless my dresser goes for a jog while I'm sleeping, the sleep tracker is pointless.

2. The Stairs tracker is also completely unreliable.
    Example A: My husband and I would each wear our Ones and go on the exact same hilly hike. He would register 86 floors and I would register 52, or vice versa, and the numbers were always completely different even though we hike the same trail all the time. It actually ranged from ~30 to ~100 floors depending on its mood.
    Example B: I used to take a Zumba class that was on the second floor of a building. The damn thing registered every step I took as if it were a stair step. I'd leave class with credit for 100 flights of stairs I hadn't climbed. I got all kinds of crazy stairs badges I never earned.

3. The long, thin profile of the One makes it less obvious in more outfits if you wear it BFC (Bra front and center) like I prefer to, but it also made it prone to being pushed askew every time I bent over. I lost two of them completely, but I also had it fall out of my shirt many times when I did notice and had to pick it back up. The Zip is a little lumpier, but it does not have that problem.

Mind you, I love the Fitbits in general, but the One was really annoying.

@tstone212, it rarely needs charging and it charges pretty fast. I'd just plug it in overnight when it was getting low, but even 15 minutes in the charger would hold me for another day or more if I was in a hurry.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I've had the zip for about a month now and I love it! I don't care about monitoring my sleep and I rarely use any stairs, so neither of those functions are important to me. I wear mine constantly when I'm awake (except in the shower of course) and I have the negatives function turned on so it reduces my calorie goal on my non active days. It seems I was way overeating on my off days. It definitely gets me moving more!
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I looked at the One, Zip and Flex. I ultimately decided on the Zip for several reasons, and I'm very happy with it.

1. I didn't want the Flex because I don't like wearing a watch or anything on a constant basis - and I didn't want added tan lines.

2. I don't care about sleep patterns or number of stairs climbed.

3. I think the bright pink zip is cute.

4. Zip is cheaper and does everything I need it to do.

I wear it clipped to my bra, and very rarely need to adjust it so that it doesn't show under a shirt. Hasn't been a big deal for me.
  • HisKathy
    HisKathy Posts: 34
    Options
    it only takes like an hour to charge so I charge it as needed when I'm on my computer. I have the One and love it
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I have the One and I am totally in love with it!
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    I have the zip.
    Pros: cheaper, colorful, I don't care about the sleep patterns, battery lasts for like over a year or something so you don't have to charge it.
    Cons: It's not as easy to wear in my bra. I have to, ahem, move some things around until it doesn't look like there's a lump on my chest. The One would be nice only for its slimmer shape, but I usually wear the zip in my pocket.